Will ride into Paris tomorrow wearing the yellow jersey and win the Tour de France. So pleased for him, as he comes across as one of life's good guys. Read his autobiography a couple of years ago and it's one of the best I've ever read.
The cynic in me is wondering if he has asthma.
Cycling is shite.
Magic147 wrote:

Cycling is shite.

Especially if your delivering Hovis loaves.
I have really got into the TDF this year, great win for Thomas. who comes across in interviews has a thoroughly nice chap.
thetruth1953 wrote:

The cynic in me is wondering if he has asthma.

As a massive cycling fan, I totally understand that. I've been let down so many times by those I've admired. G is the last person I'd suspect of doping and I'm hoping he won't disappoint me.
Magic147 wrote:

Cycling is shite.

Apart from the obvious problems regarding doping, why is it shite?.
Have Watched le tour every year. Unfortunately I’ll miss tomorrow live broadcast, so will have to watch the highlights
coinslot wrote:

Apart from the obvious problems regarding doping, why is it shite?.

It's the worst sport ever.

And I can watch anything sport related and enjoy it normally.
Magic147 wrote:

It’s better than golf :laugh:
I went out an bought a cycle last year (June) hadn't ridden for 60+ years, best thing I have done since I retired, keeps me fit and I can eat what I want without putting on the pounds.

Most days ride from Whitstable to Herne Bay and back along the promenade, or inland towards Canterbury.

On the whole most car drivers are well mannered so no complaints there, just the state of the roads, I sometimes come unstuck with the bits missing from the surface.

Anyway back on track, well done Mr Thomas, great to win something particularly in France the locals must be rarely peed off with another Brit winning the title.
Magic147 wrote:

Come on Magic. I want reasons.
I’m with Magic on this one. I’d sooner watch the washing cycle.
coinslot wrote:

Come on Magic. I want reasons.

Just boring innit.

It's not in the slightest bit interesting.
Magic147 wrote:

Just boring innit.

It's not in the slightest bit interesting.

Fair enough if you've tried to watch it and not been able to get into it. Some stages can be dull, but they are quite rare. Personally I love it and will be looking forward to the Tour of Spain once the TDF finishes later.
Vuelta d espana
tangerinejezza wrote:

Vuelta d espana

Same to you.
Watching the last bit where they cycle around the Champs Elysees repeatedly.

Nobody's trying at the moment but the commentators say they'll start to race soon.

One group have decided to cycle away from the rest, no idea what's going on there.

There was one guy who everyone allowed to be in front for a while because they felt sorry for him or whatever.

That African bloke who's won a few times looked like he was walking to the shop.
Absolutely rubbish.
Zzz
Comes across as a genuine nice guy as well as a great cyclist. Served his apprenticeship in support of Wiggins and Froome. Whatever you think of Dave Brailsford if you had said 10 years ago that 6 out of 7 tours would be won by British riders you would have been seen as some nutter (OK one was born in Belgium and one born in Kenya but you know what I mean)
Richard Head wrote:

Comes across as a genuine nice guy as well as a great cyclist. Served his apprenticeship in support of Wiggins and Froome. Whatever you think of Dave Brailsford if you had said 10 years ago that 6 out of 7 tours would be won by British riders you would have been seen as some nutter (OK one was born in Belgium and one born in Kenya but you know what I mean)

But how many have asthma?