members do not see advertisements

Attention all: New Site

By TheSteed in

User Support

2 months ago
RE: Attention all: New Site
By TheSteed 2 months ago
Ladies and Gentlemen, at some point in the next few weeks, a completely new version of Back Henry Street will be launching on a completely custom built platform.

What does this mean for the site?

The site is initially going old school. Stripped of all functionality bar the ability to create threads, and post on those threads not to mention the all important ability for the mods to ban people with the click of a button.

Some of the old functionality that is important will return in stages, private messages, search etc... however they will return with significant improvement. Some functionality may never return however (nobody gives a shit where you sit).

We also have plans for some completely new functionality, some of which will be unique to this forum, not just from a Blackpool FC perspective but for football forums in general. However all this will take time to implement.

From a technical standpoint, the new site is constructed using the newest technology in all its respective fields, code base, database and security allowing for all the planned new features to take shape and to keep your data secure. The new site will be on entirely encrypted protocol and your passwords will be secured with the very latest encryption algorithms.

What does this mean for you?

Over the next few weeks, we need you to ensure your email is your own, and an active email address you can access (you especially QBlock). Why? Because of the new security on the site, all passwords will need to be rehashed and to gain access you will need to reset your login details. The instructions and links to do so will all be sent via email. If you have any difficulty in using a current active email address then please contact an admin now as when the new site goes live we will not be able to change these details. You will be locked out of your account for good.

Also, if there is anybody you normally use the private messaging service to stay in contact with, then for the short term, you may need to find alternative methods of contact on other platforms.

If there are any questions, please ask them below.
By Magic147 2 months ago
Exciting!!

I can only assume that this new functionality is naked ladies.
By TheSteed 2 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

Exciting!!

I can only assume that this new functionality is naked ladies.

Unfortunately not. Hosting and advertising rules still will not allow this, you will have to settle for naked men.
By thetruth1953 2 months ago
TheSteed wrote:

Unfortunately not. Hosting and advertising rules still will not allow this, you will have to settle for naked men.

Qblock will be so happy.
By Qblock87 2 months ago
What’s an e-mail?
By thetruth1953 2 months ago
Qblock87 wrote:

What’s an e-mail?

Well allround the world they use satellites and fibre optics to send and receive messages,but in Yarkshire they use two cocoa tins and a piece of string. There is talk of upgrading this system to one that uses pigeons but Yarkshire is that far behind they haven't perfected the art of getting the pigeons to come back home yet.
By munkle 2 months ago
thetruth1953 wrote:

Well allround the world they use satellites and fibre optics to send and receive messages,but in Yarkshire they use two cocoa tins and a piece of string. There is talk of upgrading this system to one that uses pigeons but Yarkshire is that far behind they haven't perfected the art of getting the pigeons to come back home yet.

Bit harsh. They reckon by 2025 as much as 20% of Yorkshire could be using email.
By Qblock87 2 months ago
munkle wrote:

Bit harsh. They reckon by 2025 as much as 20% of Yorkshire could be using email.

Where does that leave the other 65%?
By Magic147 2 months ago
munkle wrote:

And by half 8?
By TheSuffolkSeasider 2 months ago
I've tried updating my email address, but when I click on the link provided it says my account doesn't need to be activated. So not sure if my email updated or not? Steed, if possible, please could you PM me the address linked to my account? Just so I can check.
By seasider 2 months ago
Sent a PM Suffolk
seasider wrote:

Sent a PM Suffolk

Thanks, looks like it does update even with that message.

Though just to say, the email you get from here does go to spam/junk!
By tangerinejezza 2 months ago
Will westy get his stars back ? :laugh:
As we are transferring to a whole new platform, will all current content be lost?
By GynnSquarePhoenix 2 months ago
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

As we are transferring to a whole new platform, will all current content be lost?

What do you think should be saved for future generations?
By Magic147 2 months ago
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

The poo thread.
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

I was thinking more for daib0 and louise in their prediction threads if they needed stuff for reference.
By seasider 2 months ago

Most forums are built using forum software such as VBulletin, Zen Foro, Simple Machines, etc. This was built on MyBB which served a purpose well but difficult to make any improvements because of the old code. This will be unique as Steed has actually built it from scratch so it's not using any third party software. The advantage of this is that Steed will be able to develop new features without any restrictions.
By seasider 2 months ago

I was thinking more for daib0 and louise in their prediction threads if they needed stuff for reference.

Threads in the main forums will be carried forward.
By seasider 2 months ago
Just as a heads up, Suffolk has tried to update his email address and although it was successful, he got a message saying his account doesn't need to be activated. Ignore this message as the update has still worked.

Please ask for help/confirmation in this thread if you need assistance.
By tangerine77 2 months ago

The site is initially going old school. Stripped of all functionality bar the ability to create threads, and post on those threads not to mention the all important ability for the mods to ban people with the click of a button.

May as well call it AVFTT
By seasider 2 months ago
The new site is in a different league to this, nevermind AVFTT!

You will get a choice on the new site and will be unique to any football forum so please don't compare it to that shite ;)

Also don't take viewing a forum on your phone for granted either. Not a lot of forums offer a responsive design but the new site will. Currently this is only a plug in which does the job but still a bit shit.
I don't find the mobile version on here too bad. It does what it needs to for the most part! Better than those who don't cater for it all.
By seasider 2 months ago
Yeah I guess it's more with the tablet. Always loads the mobile version for me and then have to switch the full version.

This platform has been decent but ultimately it's dated technology and Steed can't really do any more with it hence the new build. Even with the stripped down version, I still think users will prefer the overall experience much better.

It's important to note that when Steed mentions that it will be stripped back, it's only for a short term and key features like PM's will be brought back but even better.
But will there be any naked ladies?
By seasider 2 months ago

But will there be any naked ladies?

It won't be in this version but Steed has put it on the roadmap. The request came in a bit late.
seasider wrote:

It won't be in this version but Steed has put it on the roadmap. The request came in a bit late.

Well, send us a PM if you need any help with that one!

Best ignore Hero or you'll end up with a nose appreciation page.
By tangerinejezza 2 months ago

I don't find the mobile version on here too bad. It does what it needs to for the most part! Better than those who don't cater for it all.

Funny thing is. The mobile version is better in portrait, but full version is better in landscape.

So on a phone the mobile is far better,but when on a tablet I have to switch it to full version .

:ashamed:
By seasider 2 months ago
Same here.

The reason behind is this current website isn't a responsive design. It's a website with a mobile plug in meaning it's either designed for desktop or mobile and nothing in between. The new one is responsive so it will automatically adjust to the device you are using. I've tried it on a ten inch tablet and it's so much better.
By Qblock87 2 months ago
seasider wrote:

Same here.

The reason behind is this current website isn't a responsive design. It's a website with a mobile plug in meaning it's either designed for desktop or mobile and nothing in between. The new one is responsive so it will automatically adjust to the device you are using. I've tried it on a ten inch tablet and it's so much better.

I’ve always found my ten inch never fails to deliver.