First game of the season and who knows what to expect with this current crop of players. From the outside looking in, we seem to have thrown a team together that is mixture of free transfers and non-league players. A perfect example of this is the signing of Bunney who couldn't make a League Two Northampton side. This could just be for cover and then that isn't so much of a problem, but you just can't help fear that the lack of quality might be evident this season.

With the loss of Longstaff and Viv, where will the creativity come from? More importantly are we relying on Cullen staying injury free as he will have to chip in with 15 goals or more if we are to have a chance of staying up. I can see goals being a real issue for us unless Doodoo can help fill the void left by Vassell.

We relied heavily on our defence last season but have we replaced Mellor and Robertson will quality? Tilt is likely to leave so that will leave another huge void.

This might be a negative outlook but I just see a much weaker side this season all over the park. I am sure these new players will want to prove they are good enough and if they succeed in doing so, Bowyer will once again have to take huge credit.

Important we avoid defeat on Saturday more so for confidence levels. A few defeats at the start of the season will inevitably make the season ahead more difficult. We don't want to be sucked into the relegation zone early doors. A new team will require some confidence as quickly as possible.

From the friendlies, it looked as though Bowyer was experimenting with a 3-5-2 formation. After England's 'success', I am sure a few managers will be following suit. I personally hope we don't as we will be inviting pressure. You rely on energetic wing backs getting up and down and I am not sure Bola/Bunney and Turton can supply this.

To be honest, I am writing this without giving a real shit but as the season is about to start, I have to put some kind of effort in for the sake of the forum. Deep down, the only interest is the supposed Belokon announcement this week.
At work all the fans of the various Yorkshire clubs are buzzing with anticipation talking of the games they’re about to attend etc. And heres us. Its like we don’t support a team anymore. My heart bleeds. One family’s greed has ruined has ruined so many’s dreams. We all used to look forward to this upcoming weekend so much and now we just don’t care. How very sad.
Qblock87 wrote:

At work all the fans of the various Yorkshire clubs are buzzing with anticipation talking of the games they’re about to attend etc. And heres us. Its like we don’t support a team anymore. My heart bleeds. One family’s greed has ruined has ruined so many’s dreams. We all used to look forward to this upcoming weekend so much and now we just don’t care. How very sad.

Yes it was tough writing that. I felt I needed to write something in attempt to get people talking about the football. Impossible task.
Deep down there is always a part of us hopping the team will do well despite what we may say at times on a message board.

We want them to do well but at the same time not benefit the current owners who all said and done have had more than enough time to bring a conclusion to this sorry mess.

I am optimistic that within a few months there will be a change of ownership and hope that it is someone or a body that puts the club first and not some fly by night who just sees it as a way of making a quick buck.

Wycombe will be a challenge, the first match of the season was always one to enjoy, all that hope for the coming year whether in the old league one or league four or indeed in the Premiership at Wigan, who would have thought that.

I can remember travelling to Wycombe back in the mid/late fifties probably '56 to their old ground, with it's truly sloping pitch they were then in the Isthmian league, true amateurs
Anyone going?

Thinking of driving up from London. Any team with a Bunney/Doodoo in it has to be class....
[quote='seasider' pid='578970' dateline='1533024551] From the outside looking in, we seem to have thrown a team together that is mixture of free transfers and non-league players.

[/quote]

Given your form we’ll now win 5-0.
Definitely going !

So far its me and Whits with Munkle sadly declining as he will be enjoying himself :D

So its Whits and me as your BHS match day reporters. :ashamed:
I’ve not posted much recently, not sure why but I guess we all go through phases!!

I really don’t want this season to start, the dread of looking up another defeat and the embarrassment that comes with supporting Blackpool.

I’m going on holiday tomorrow so I’ll be content in my footballing ignorance!

Fucking Oyston.
Fuck the start of the season

Fuck Oyston

Fuck the EFL

Fuck Oyston

Fuck the FA

Fuck Oyston

Did I mention.... FUCK OYSTON

NAPM means exactly that you bastard
Check out @BlackpoolFC’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/BlackpoolFC/status/1025722667045928960?s=09

They have that funny green stuff.
Who are our players again. Paid zero attention to on-field stuff this summer.
So what formation is that and who plays where?
I think that Howard is in goal?
Tilt not even on the bench? Must be going.
thetruth1953 wrote:

Tilt not even on the bench? Must be going.

It's his birthday today.
McPoolmob wrote:

It's his birthday today.

Not many footballers get a day off on their birthday.
Where's Jimmy Ryan?
Seriously who the fuck are they!
Thrown together 11. Should be interesting Plenty of Pol here.600 ish
Who the fuck are they?
seasider wrote:

Where's Jimmy Ryan?

Injured again (knee).
Spielmacher 10 wrote:

Injured again (knee).

Sicknote
Tangerinenick wrote:

Thrown together 11. Should be interesting Plenty of Pol here.600 ish

You & Whits not gonna do a crowd selfie?
Magic147 wrote:

Who the fuck are they?

Yup cos I don't recognize or know 7 of them.
Pool following

https://twitter.com/SeasidersPolice/status/1025743266967416833?s=09
Not a single penny spent on that starting line up! Just thrown together 4 loans loads of freebies and some non league rejects
1 - Looks like Blackpool are lining up with a 4-5-1 formation. Michael Nottingham right wing, Nathan Delfouneso ont he left and Joe Dodoo up top on his own.

I thought Nottingham was a defender?
I thought it was a city
Elsewhere, Morecambe are falling apart at Crewe - two down in ten minutes.

Just had to listen to the lady on SSN stumble over saying Tom Barkhuizen and ended up adding another pronounciation to the list of "how many different ways can it be said".