members do not see advertisements

Solar Panels

By whitstabletangerine in

General Chat

3 months ago
RE: Solar Panels
By whitstabletangerine 3 months ago
Should there be a law that all new buildings must be fitted with solar panels here in the UK, are we not missing a trick here.

I could never understand why they were not mandatory in house building in Florida, some people did have small panels in the garden to heat the pool in winter, even though at a chilly 18 DEG C it never felt that bad once in.

Florida has many days of sunshine, winter or summer in fact there was an evening newspaper that was given out free if that day the sun did not shine at all.

It was only a couple of days each year that happened.
By Bentent 3 months ago
My brother fell for the con where you get free solar panels fitted on your roof and you'll "eventually" pay less for your energy bills - turn out he will but about 20 years later and now he's stuck with a huge monthly bill both for the fitting and the energy - I did try to warn him but as usual with siblings they always know better :)
By TheSteed 3 months ago
Yeah, it's probably because as things stand, at least here in the UK, the cost of installing them outweighs the benefit of having them.
By whitstabletangerine 3 months ago
My point was, should they not be fitted to every new building, what would they cost to install, say £5000 on a new house at £200K, not a huge difference.
By TheSteed 3 months ago
There's never any point in fitting something to a house that gives a negative value.
By Hero-of-the-night 3 months ago
Install them on all council property’s and filter the energy back into the nation grid.
By daib0 3 months ago
By Qblock87 3 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

Install them on all council property’s and filter the energy back into the nation grid.

Yes and have the scruffy idle bastards inside pedalling cycle machines to create more energy. Ffs.
Qblock87 wrote:

Yes and have the scruffy idle bastards inside pedalling cycle machines to create more energy. Ffs.

Why not? At least they’d be contributing to life.
By thetruth1953 3 months ago
Hero-of-the-night wrote:

Why not? At least they’d be contributing to life.

So you contribute more to life than someone on benefits? Interesting.
By Bally 3 months ago
thetruth1953 wrote:

Why do people who live in council housing have to be on benefits?
thetruth1953 wrote:

Q referred to a scruffy idle bastard who has nothing more to do than peddle a cycling machine.

I on the other hand work, pay taxes and put money back into the economy. I also get out of the house and enjoy life.

So yes, I do contribute more to life as we know it.