members do not see advertisements

New site is live.

By TheSteed in

User Support

2 months ago
RE: New site is live.
By TheSteed 2 months ago

‍If you notice any bugs, put them in this thread.

By TheSuffolkSeasider 2 months ago

‍Probably not a bug, but is it possible to have the option to go to the last page in a thread from the main page?

For example in this thread https://backhenrystreet.co.uk/discussion/34580/attention-all-new-site

You have to open the thread, scroll down to the bottom and then select the page. 

Though, this might be because all the threads are showing as completely new and unread. When you click on a thread that you have read before but has new posts, does it take you to the first post you have not read? Would be handy. 

I do love a "mark all forums read" option too, if possible?

By TheSteed 2 months ago

I can look at adding a last post button in the thread itself, you can do it using the last post link on a thread page though.

Read threads needs a news system as the old way was server intensive.

By seasider 2 months ago
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

‍Probably not a bug, but is it possible to have the option to go to the last page in a thread from the main page?

For example in this thread https://backhenrystreet.co.uk/discussion/34580/attention-all-new-site

You have to open the thread, scroll down to the bottom and then select the page. 

Though, this might be because all the threads are showing as completely new and unread. When you click on a thread that you have read before but has new posts, does it take you to the first post you have not read? Would be handy. 

I do love a "mark all forums read" option too, if possible?

‍Click on the last post link in the thread title instead of the thread itself. 

Worth reading the FAQs located the bottom of the page. Lots of helpful stuff in there.

By TheSuffolkSeasider 2 months ago

‍Last post isn't the last read post though. 

By seasider 2 months ago
I know what you mean, there was a green arrow which took you last unread post. 

As Steed has mentioned this has been built from scratch so all suggestions will be reviewed. 

By North Shore Dude 2 months ago
seasider wrote:

‍Welcome all. 

‍Hiya! 

By seasider 2 months ago
👋
By daib0 2 months ago

‍Yep, I'm on too!!

By daib0 2 months ago

‍I personally like the idea of separating "General Football" from "Other Sports" as it's two areas where I can comfortably contribute. Is this separation deliberate (hope so!) or just awaiting a merge?!

By TheSteed 2 months ago

‍Deliberate. The separation is a new feature.

By TheSteed 2 months ago
daib0 wrote:

‍I personally like the idea of separating "General Football" from "Other Sports" as it's two areas where I can comfortably contribute. Is this separation deliberate (hope so!) or just awaiting a merge?!

‍Go ahead and be the first ever poster in General Sport 😊

By Jams80 2 months ago

‍"whoop whoop"...... Sound check

By Magic147 2 months ago
How do I reset my password?
By TheSteed 2 months ago
Magic147 wrote:How do I reset my password?

‍You can't, you're locked out.

By Magic147 2 months ago
TheSteed wrote:

‍You can't, you're locked out.

‍ You are.

By Magic147 2 months ago

Currently, when one taps on the reply field, as I have just done, the text isn't automatically capitalised.

Now I appreciate this is a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, and overall the new site looks amazing, but for a cynical, nitpicking wanker such as myself, it's hard to ignore.

By Magic147 2 months ago

‍see

By TheSteed 2 months ago

Magic147 wrote:

Currently, when one taps on the reply field, as I have just done, the text isn't automatically capitalised.

Now I appreciate this is a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, and overall the new site looks amazing, but for a cynical, nitpicking wanker such as myself, it's hard to ignore.

‍I had enough trouble getting this editor to work as well as it does, I am never touching it again, save maybe to add a boobs emoji.

By GynnSquarePhoenix 2 months ago

‍Us young uns  communicate entirely with emojis these days.  Boobs and a moving tumbleweed sadly lacking.

By seasider 2 months ago

The first mod has arrived 😀

By Magic147 2 months ago
TheSteed wrote:

‍I had enough trouble getting this editor to work as well as it does, I am never touching it again, save maybe to add a boobs emoji.

‍ I'll settle for the boob emoji.

By Magic147 2 months ago

‍Is there a way, or will there be a way, to make the view more compact?

By seasider 2 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

‍Is there a way, or will there be a way, to make the view more compact?

‍It is responsive to whatever device you are using. What device are you viewing from?

By tangerinejezza 2 months ago
seasider wrote:

‍It is responsive to whatever device you are using. What device are you viewing from?

‍poor Q . What’s his view going to be like on two empty baked beans tins and some tight string   :)

By Magic147 2 months ago

‍Viewed on both a mobile and laptop and both look good, just personal preference really but I'd prefer a more compact view. I can currently view around 5 threads on a page on laptop and 3 on mobile, but there's a lot of white space.

By Magic147 2 months ago

‍Also, will there be a button to view the last unread post in a thread? Has that already been asked?

Have I mentioned boobs?

By seasider 2 months ago

‍You can force desktop view in google settings on your mobile and tablet but not sure that would look good. I am sure Steed will take the feedback on board!

By seasider 2 months ago
Magic147 wrote:

‍Also, will there be a button to view the last unread post in a thread? Has that already been asked?

Have I mentioned boobs?

‍Yes Suffolk mentioned it. At the moment there is only the option to click on last post. Two requests for that though already so obviously a popular one!

By Magic147 2 months ago
seasider wrote:

‍Yes Suffolk mentioned it. At the moment there is only the option to click on last post. Two requests for that though already so obviously a popular one!

‍Yeah I used it all the time on mobile on the old site.