members do not see advertisements

Feature Requests

By TheSteed in

User Support

4 months ago
RE: Feature Requests
By TheSteed 4 months ago

‍If you would like to comment in this thread about features you would like to see on the new site, whether they are features that used to exist on the old one that you would like to see again, or completely new ones, please do.

So I can gauge interest and set priorities.

By daib0 4 months ago

A‍ couple of thingies:

1) I can't see where to 'edit' after having posted a topic thread

2) Is there a way to 'subscribe' to threads when you post?

By TheSteed 4 months ago

‍1. Edit is next to the trash can under your thread title.

2. No way currently, but I'll add to the list.

continues after advertisement
By daib0 4 months ago

‍cheers!

By Magic147 4 months ago
Boobs
By blackpool ger 4 months ago

‍mmmmmmmmmmm

By tangerinejezza 4 months ago
Just test
By Bally 4 months ago

‍Avatars are a lot smaller. Preferred the bigger ones

By Rimm-BFC 4 months ago

‍Do you still have a library of matches that Shorty uploaded that we could access - there were some great games on there. 

Or..... could you stick them in an online archive (separate from this site) and just provide a link?

If copyright etc is an issue, then forget it

By seasider 4 months ago

‍All old threads are still on here but currently no search option. I don't think we would want to provide links separately due to copyright issues.

By seasider 4 months ago

‍Quite a lot of feature requests have gone into the 'new site' discussion but the main purpose of that thread is to report any bugs and general chat. This is the thread for new feature requests. 

A couple of people have mentioned an option to go to the first unread post. 

My  suggestions would be:

- Edit timestamp

- More information in the Profile section (post counts, post history, change email address, etc)

- Search thread options

- Report Posts

- Articles

- BFC News Feed whether it be like Newsnow or Twitter feed making BHS a one stop shop. 

- Private Messaging

- Members section where displays list of all members and ability to search, newest members, etc. 

- Simple Polls like Twitter

- Auto Page loader

- Match Day Features although probably less of a priority due to not many attending games. 

By Rimm-BFC 4 months ago

‍ is it possible to set a particular forum as default so when we open BHS, it opens on that specific forum rather than show threads from all forums

By TheSteed 4 months ago
Rimm-BFC wrote:

‍ is it possible to set a particular forum as default so when we open BHS, it opens on that specific forum rather than show threads from all forums

‍I can keep this in mind for when I improve the profile section.

continues after advertisement
By TheSuffolkSeasider 4 months ago

‍As mentioned elsewhere, there does seem a lot of unused white space either side when on a computer. As for what to fill it with...no idea. Boobs? Another forum I'm on has a recent activity feed on the right, but I don't think that would suit this site. I recall you not being keen on a shoutbox style thing either but it does seem a waste of all that space!

Edit: Also breadcrumbs at the bottom of the thread would save a lot of scrolling too!

By seasider 4 months ago
I would understand breadcrumbs at the bottom if there wasn't a floating header but you can just click the BHS logo?
By rockontommy 4 months ago

‍The desktop site works very well. Is there any way of me changing to this view as my default without toggling desktop on/off on my phone?

seasider wrote:I would understand breadcrumbs at the bottom if there wasn't a floating header but you can just click the BHS logo?

‍Didn't realise that, thought it was just a logo 😀

The site remembering who I am so I don't have to log in every visit would be nice too.

By seasider 4 months ago

‍On your mobile, you can force desktop view in your browser settings. Not sure why you would though as you will be zooming in and out. 

By seasider 4 months ago
TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:

‍Didn't realise that, thought it was just a logo 😀

The site remembering who I am so I don't have to log in every visit would be nice too.

Is that not a browser setting more than a website?

Edit - ahh you mean like a remember me option. 

seasider wrote:

‍On your mobile, you can force desktop view in your browser settings. Not sure why you would though as you will be zooming in and out. 

I know you can.... I just asked if there was another way of doing it through my BHS settings 😥

Okay the board view works well in desktop version. Viewing posts and replies is small with lots of white space though.

By TheSteed 4 months ago

‍The site will remember you for a year unless you shut everything down and end your session. This is for security, so personal data is not stored in your browser anymore.

By TheSteed 4 months ago

‍As mentioned elsewhere, there does seem a lot of unused white space either side when on a computer. 

Trust me, it looks worse if I let it run to 100% width and someone posts a comment with just the word "No" in it. It's actually a pretty standard width for content as used by other sites such as the BBC and Sky

Also, this format will serve us better when other features are added.

By seasider 4 months ago
rockontommy wrote:

I know you can.... I just asked if there was another way of doing it through my BHS settings 😥

Okay the board view works well in desktop version. Viewing posts and replies is small with lots of white space though.

‍Yeah I wouldn't advise using desktop mode on a phone. I found it very good on a tablet in vertical mode if you like to see more threads on one page. 

As Steed says, he will be adding new features so we will need that white space. 

By Magic147 4 months ago
I'm getting used to it anyway.

It's very clean and modern.

Oh, boobs.

seasider wrote:

‍Yeah I wouldn't advise using desktop mode on a phone. I found it very good on a tablet in vertical mode if you like to see more threads on one page. 

As Steed says, he will be adding new features so we will need that white space. 

‍As Magic says...just personal preference.

It's easy enough to toggle desktop off/on and the forum looks and feels spot on tbh 👍

By Magic147 4 months ago
I think as another feature, on a weekly basis we should pick a random page of historical posts and select the highlights to review.

Kind of like an "On this day..."

But, "On BHS page..."

By Magic147 4 months ago
Oh, also, is it easy enough to change the "2 days ago" or "3 minutes ago" timestamp next to the posts to the date and time?
Magic147 wrote:Oh, also, is it easy enough to change the "2 days ago" or "3 minutes ago" timestamp next to the posts to the date and time?

‍I like it as 2 minutes ago, but maybe it could be added as a user choice in personal settings?

By seasider 4 months ago

‍I quite like it as it is. Same as Facebook, Twitter and all that modern shit. 

seasider wrote:

‍I quite like it as it is. Same as Facebook, Twitter and all that modern shit. 

‍A camera icon to instantly take/upload photos could make this place fuckin lit 📸