members do not see advertisements
RE: Feature Requests
By TheSteed 4 months ago
rockontommy wrote:

‍A camera icon to instantly take/upload photos could make this place fuckin lit 📸

‍Agreed, unfortunately websites can’t access cameras.

By Jams80 4 months ago

‍ can I request a 'last post' button once your in a thread. I'm a lazy sod and sometimes can't be arsed to exit to click on last post.

By seasider 4 months ago

‍I know what you mean Jams. If, by user error, you click the thread title and not the last post you have to click back. That really is user error though but I do it a lot!

continues after advertisement
By seasider 4 months ago

‍I will put forward another suggestion. A thread preview so that when you hover over the thread, it shows a preview of say the first x amount of characters depending on spacing. Similar to this...

670aed6c3683ec106ad774d3d52329b4.png

This will give users an idea of whether they want to click in the thread without actually having to click it to find out the topic. Also gets around vague thread titles. 

By seasider 4 months ago

‍I would also say we need a breadcrumb at the bottom of the thread like at the top. If someone wants to stay in the BFC section they have to scroll all the way back to the top and click the Blackpool FC breadcrumb. The floating logo is great but it takes you back to 'All Channels'. There is no option to stay in the channel you want without scrolling back to the top.

d193a9e754ed89ee07476114610b873f.JPG

By seasider 4 months ago

‍Whilst I am on a roll, a simple poll feature (like Twitter) would be nice. The poll functionality on the old BHS was to put it bluntly, shite. It was an effort to create one. A nice simple poll, with a simple bar chart would be effective. Similar to Twitter you would only get to see the graph/results once you have voted. This would encourage people to vote.

e319debd41de90778194878651b77253.JPG

e5d92a7c58f6332706a4437649fc9ed6.JPG
By ColombianSeasider 4 months ago

‍Hi Folks, like the new look, is it possible to have a page number at the top of the thread as well as the bottom?

By seasider 4 months ago

‍Welcome. What's the reason? Is it when you accidentally don't click last post on the thread title and then you want to jump to the last page? 

By TheSuffolkSeasider 4 months ago

‍I imagine it links to the last unread post request. You don't want to jump to the last post if pages of new stuff has been added, so you could open the thread on the first page and go to the page you last remember reading. This would be resolved with the last unread post though. 

By seasider 4 months ago

‍Yeah I understand that one and the breadcrumb at the bottom. Just not sure on a page navigation at the top though. 

By Bally 4 months ago

‍If you click the last post button you then have to scroll up to find the last post you read, if you can remember it. It might not even be on that page.

Much easier to have a last post read button like on the old site. Having to scroll is so avftt.

By seasider 4 months ago

‍Yes I think that is the most requested feature. Under-estimated how many people used that. 

By Bally 4 months ago

‍So, is it going to happen?

continues after advertisement
By Bally 4 months ago

‍What do the quote marks do? Just clicked on them and nothing happened

Bally wrote:

‍What do the quote marks do? Just clicked on them and nothing happened

‍You click on them for the posts you want to quote, and then a button called "Apply quotes" appears next to add to your reply which you click to add the quotes into the reply box.

By seasider 4 months ago
Bally wrote:

‍So, is it going to happen?

‍Up to Steed. It's not that it's hard to do, the challenge is that it's database intensive as it has store the information for each user.

By Bally 4 months ago

‍Wasn't a problem for the old site. And this one is supposed to be better

By seasider 4 months ago

‍Yes but we said from the start it will be stripped down and gradually the features will come back but only ten times better. Just require a bit of patience. 

By Magic147 4 months ago
Again - personal preference I suppose, but is it possible to have the "Last Post" button scroll instantly to the last post, rather than opening the last page and then scrolling down automatically to the post itself. This also happens when you add a post, the page loads again and automatically scrolls to the post.
By seasider 4 months ago

Obviously not a priority at this stage of the rebuild but one of the things that I would love is a auto page loader similar to the Walsall forum. That forum has page numbers but you wouldn't know because when you reach the bottom of the page it automatically loads page 2 so it gives the effect that it's all one page. Even better when scrolling on a mobile as you don't get distracted from the content when changing pages.

https://upthesaddlers.com/t/macclesfield-town-h-efl-cup-2nd-round-tues-aug-28th-7-45pm/1403

By Hero 4 months ago

‍i miss the who’s online bit at the bottom.

By daib0 4 months ago
Hero wrote:

‍i miss the who’s online bit at the bottom.

‍Me too!!

By TheSteed 4 months ago
seasider wrote:

Obviously not a priority at this stage of the rebuild but one of the things that I would love is a auto page loader similar to the Walsall forum. That forum has page numbers but you wouldn't know because when you reach the bottom of the page it automatically loads page 2 so it gives the effect that it's all one page. Even better when scrolling on a mobile as you don't get distracted from the content when changing pages.

https://upthesaddlers.com/t/macclesfield-town-h-efl-cup-2nd-round-tues-aug-28th-7-45pm/1403

‍Unfortunately, they are considered shite for user experience

Why do you guys miss the "who is online" bit? Always seemed a bit pointless to me. 
By seasider 4 months ago
TheSteed wrote:

‍Unfortunately, they are considered shite for user experience

How is that even possible? Would rather keep scrolling than clicking a page and going back to the top. 

TheSuffolkSeasider wrote:Why do you guys miss the "who is online" bit? Always seemed a bit pointless to me. 

I probably agree. 

Also if I just see xxEvaxx online, I might be less inclined to post a comment although I might use the private message system.

By Magic147 4 months ago
I'm online.