members do not see advertisements
RE: Brexit: EU must compromise or no deal, says minister
By seasider 1 month ago

‍There isn't an answer unless EU back down. It would help if the Tory Government actually worked with May rather than seeing it as an opportunity for self gain. 

The referendum should never have been called in the first place but there would be riots if a second was called now. Not stopping half a million people marching through London today demanding a second referendum. 

By Bally 1 month ago

‍I blame the torys

By seasider 4 weeks ago

‍Brexit text agreed by UK and EU negotiators. Has to be agreed by the cabinet and MP's tomorrow which by the sound of it, looks unlikely.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-46200010

By Bally 4 weeks ago

‍We are fucked either way. With or with out a deal. I really think that with something as important as this, letting people who are more interested in the X factor, BGT etc vote when they had no idea what they where voting for is so fucked up.

By seasider 3 weeks ago

‍Good deal, bad deal, fuck knows.

By Hero 3 weeks ago
Bally wrote:

‍We are fucked either way. With or with out a deal. I really think that with something as important as this, letting people who are more interested in the X factor, BGT etc vote when they had no idea what they where voting for is so fucked up.

‍It was also a bad time to ask the general public to vote. The country was/is going through a transitional period, with mass influx of migrants, a recession on the horizon, an awful Tory party in power and two recent wars that the public never agreed with.

My view is the public used the votes as a stick to beat the Government and highlight other problems.

All in all we are fucked, the only good things is (good for me looking to buy more property) that I’ve been advised house prices will massively drop in the next three years if a deal isn’t reached. 

By Bally 3 weeks ago

‍Not good for me then. I'm hoping to sell property in the next few years and retire. 

Fucking Brexit Cunts

By seasider 3 weeks ago

‍Brexit Secretary Raab has resigned. 

By Magic147 3 weeks ago
seasider wrote:

‍Brexit Secretary Raab has resigned. 

‍Ooooh, that's a biggie.

By McPoolmob 2 weeks ago

Well done Theresa May, we are now officially more in the EU than we were before the negotiations. 

You have broken our unwritten construction. 

You have promised 'Jam Tomorrow' 

'you can check out any time you like but you can never leave' 

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/11/mays-brexit-deal-the-legal-verdict/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

By TheSteed 2 weeks ago

There's a darkly humorous irony to the fact that the idiots that voted for Brexit, under the mistaken delusion that we have no sovereignty, might be guilty of causing us to lose our sovereignty.

By Bally 2 weeks ago

‍Ha Ha

By whitstabletangerine 2 weeks ago

‍Well it isn't going to be voted for in Parliament, so that leaves the Cons needing a new leader and the possibility of a general election.

By Magic147 2 weeks ago
Fuck.

I hadn't even considered the unwritten construction.

By McPoolmob 2 weeks ago
Magic147 wrote:Fuck.

I hadn't even considered the unwritten construction.

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A9408f530-e8dd-434f-9093-a0e5223ff8c5

By McPoolmob 2 weeks ago

‍Latest interpretation.. 

74d4e6e93a87cc925924f7727d27453b.jpg

By seasider 2 weeks ago

‍EU countries have agreed with the deal but May has to get it through the House of Commons. The EU leaders state there will be no other deal on the table.

By seasider 1 week ago

Just as I was beginning to understand where we were with Brexit, today they go and make it all complicated again. 

Summary

• Theresa May opening first day of debate on her Brexit deal
  • MPs approve amendment giving Parliament greater say if deal rejected
  • Earlier: MPs voted to find government in contempt over Brexit legal advice row
  • Andrea Leadsom pledged to publish advice in full
  • Treasury Committee questioned Mark Carney about Brexit this morning