members do not see advertisements

Euro 2024: Germany to host

By TheSteed in

General Football

2 months ago
RE: Euro 2024: Germany to host
By TheSteed 2 months ago

Germany has beaten Turkey to host Euro 2024 after a vote by Uefa's executive committee on Thursday.

The two countries made final bid presentations before voting took place in Nyon, Switzerland.

The decision means Germany will stage the European Championship for the first time as a unified country, with West Germany having hosted the 1988 tournament.

Turkey is yet to host a major international football tournament.

It has seen previous attempts to host the Euros in 2008, 2012 and 2016 fail, as well as the 2020 Summer Olympics. Germany staged the 2006 World Cup.‍

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45666950

By seasider 2 months ago

‍Much better than Turkey. I went to the 2006 World Cup and they were great hosts. 

By North Shore Dude 2 months ago
Probably back-handers involved
continues after advertisement
By Jams80 2 months ago
seasider wrote:

‍Much better than Turkey. I went to the 2006 World Cup and they were great hosts. 

‍ I've heard the same off a few pals. Might make the effort myself this time.

By Hero 2 months ago

‍i don’t like the dirty Krauts, they just seem so evil and angry all the time.

I won’t be going.

By Jams80 2 months ago
Hero wrote:

I won’t be going.

‍ They give me the creeps. Aren't a lot of them cannibals?

By Hero 2 months ago
Jams80 wrote:

‍ They give me the creeps. Aren't a lot of them cannibals?

‍probably all of them. 

By seasider 2 months ago
Hero wrote:

I won’t be going.

‍I found the opposite when I was there. We rocked up after driving from Blackpool in a Citrix Saxo and pitched up in a field somewhere. The Police moved us on in the morning and we went for a walk around the town. Little did we know Germany were actually playing so I was thinking if I had made the right choice in wearing my England top. We went into a bar and the welcome was unbelievable. They gave us free soup and there was no hint of trouble.

Still got the pics on my laptop.

All the way to Germany with four big lads in a Saxo. The car packed in a day after we drove it back.

9f391fb12043340f0247c6a40153537b.jpg

We had been driving for so long we needed sleep so pitched up at the first sight of grass. The police woke us up in the morning to move us on.

9060d3fd737c944d183e144ee659cc1e.jpg

The Cologne fan fest

3da33054d1507de91db3b1d65e1fb73f.jpg

It was amazing and the Germans were friendly and very welcoming. Would love to go back. Bathing in the River Rhine, shitting in woods, wing mirror shaving....

By Magic147 2 months ago
Shaving?

No point shitting in woods if you're going to have a shave afterwards.

By TheSteed 2 months ago
‍The car packed in a day after we drove it back. 

Kind of like when I road tripped your 306 to Portugal for you and the day after I left you wrote it off by ramming it in to a Porsche?

By seasider 2 months ago

You mean this one? It stood up quite well against the Porsche.

Never bought a red car since!

By Jams80 2 months ago
TheSteed wrote:

Kind of like when I road tripped your 306 to Portugal for you and the day after I left you wrote it off by ramming it in to a Porsche?

Ouch‍! All that effort for nothing. My Vauxhall got written off by a £132 000 McClaren a few months back. The guy (from Lytham) had been drinking.

By seasider 2 months ago

‍Was probably on coke as well.

continues after advertisement
By sudds green 2 months ago

‍Would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch national team, but would have preferred Turkey. 

We go there every year; they're football mad and atmosphere would be buzzing 

Don't even know how countries qualify. 

Does this Nations Cup bollocks have something to do with it?

By seasider 2 months ago

‍I am not sure myself but I think if you win the Nations Cup group, you quality automatically. I still think the remaining teams then have the normal qualifiers. Not sure!

By foggy 2 months ago

‍They could change it for Euro 2024, but for the upcoming Euros you still have the normal qualifying group that will be played next year, and the top two qualify (so we should). But now instead of the playoffs between the third best teams or whatever, its the winners of the groups in the Nations League. So it's a second chance for the bigger teams that fucked up, and a chance for a handful of minnows to get through.