members do not see advertisements

Sky Fibre

By seasider in

General Chat

2 weeks ago
RE: Sky Fibre
By seasider 2 weeks ago

‍Just had a nice email saying there is work going on in your area and you will automatically be upgraded to Sky Fibre Max. Currently on Fibre unlimited with average speeds of 36mbps and will go up to 63mbps when the work is done. 

To be honest at £38 a month, one would expect those speeds and probably been ripped off for a while. 

By munkle 2 weeks ago

‍I never know what to say when someone I care about is affected by a situation like this.

Congratulations?

By seasider 2 weeks ago

‍It's pretty shit still. Looked on the Sky website and for new customers Fibre Max is £30 so I am still paying more than I should. 

I know what the answer is..... ring them up you lazy git.

By Magic147 2 weeks ago
Very important to get your fibre. 
By Hero 2 weeks ago

‍ive just upgraded but I’m too thick/ignorant to know what I’ve got.

By Bally 2 weeks ago

‍Just sacked Sky off. Have had their Broadband and TV for ages. They've tried to charge me £128 this year. Argued them down to £70 but thought fuck'em. Gone to EE for BB, @£30 pm it's cheaper and it's more than  double the 30 odd mbps that Sky delivered. As for TV, I've changed supplier. 2 x £45 per year.

By seasider 2 weeks ago
Would be interested to know your TV supplier ;) 

Mine is around 35 for 6 months but it's a bit hit and miss at the minute. 

By Jams80 2 weeks ago
I'm with Virgin for broadband. It costs me £23 p/m. 

I also have Sky for TV. Everything except sport and movies. That costs me £26 p/m

By Magic147 2 weeks ago
New Fire TV Stick out next month...
By seasider 2 weeks ago
Magic147 wrote:New Fire TV Stick out next month...

‍Bloody hell just bought one for a room. Just checked it out and looks much better. Have a Fire TV in main room. 

By Magic147 2 weeks ago
seasider wrote:

‍Bloody hell just bought one for a room. Just checked it out and looks much better. Have a Fire TV in main room. 

‍Yeah they're pretty good, the new one looks great, No chance I'm renewing Virgin or going back to Sky.

By seasider 2 weeks ago

‍Yeah I want one. Not sure if it will be worth spending 50 quid just to get an upgrade but I do like having the latest.

By Magic147 2 weeks ago
I'll be all over it, love a new gadget. 
By seasider 2 weeks ago

‍What do you actually stream on it as Smart Tv's have Netflix, Amazon, etc. I use it mainly for IPTV. Used to use Terrarium but that ended which was disappointing. Showbox requires a mouse so not Firestick friendly. 

I have an Android Box as well in main room. Probably prefer the Fire stick but can't get as much stuff. 

By Magic147 2 weeks ago
As it stands, nothing actually. My Firestick hasn't been turned on in months (ask my wife).

Usually use some build or other on Kodi though.

By Bentent 2 weeks ago

‍put kodi 17.6 on the  fire tv box, then the bk nox build on then pay for real debrid about 16 euro and worlds your oyster 

By Bally 2 weeks ago

seasider wrote:Would be interested to know your TV supplier ;) 

Mine is around 35 for 6 months but it's a bit hit and miss at the minute. 

‍‍IPTV. Got it on 2 firesticks. Brilliant

By seasider 2 weeks ago
Bentent wrote:

‍put kodi 17.6 on the  fire tv box, then the bk nox build on then pay for real debrid about 16 euro and worlds your oyster 

‍Never heard of Real Debrid before. 

Bally wrote:

‍‍IPTV. Got it on 2 firesticks. Brilliant

‍I've got two, one as a backup. Always trying to find the perfect service but I think it's best to accept it never will be. Still great though. 

By Bentent 2 weeks ago

‍real debrid makes a big difference to the sources you find on kodi avoids buffering/stuttering and nearly all 1080

By seasider 2 weeks ago

‍Sounds like an alternative to IPTV. The problem with IPTV is that the PL and UEFA are getting tough on them so they can perform blocks and then you are left without TV whilst the football is on. There is where the BT app comes in handy as we use my wife's parent's login details. Ultimately this is why we have an Android Box in the main room. If the Firestick ever supports the BT Sport App, I would swap them over in an instant.

By Rimm-BFC 1 week ago

‍I was watching matches on my tablet/phone on the beach in Mexico using livenet.tv (I have now amended  the original url) 

Footy and films available inc.  BT 

By seasider 1 week ago
Rimm-BFC wrote:

‍I was watching matches on my tablet/phone on the beach in Mexico using livenet.tv  (I have now amended  the original url) 

Footy and films available inc.  BT 

‍Looks quite good that. Has adverts so couldn't use it to replace IPTV. What are the streams like when you watch it through the tv?

By Rimm-BFC 1 week ago

‍Looks quite good that. Has adverts so couldn't use it to replace IPTV. What are the streams like when you watch it through the tv?

No idea mate, not sussed it yet. Usually very watchable on the tablet though, with a little buffering depending on signal strength. The adverts really, really piss me off though 😠👎

By Rimm-BFC 1 week ago

‍ works fine on firestickon on Bein11hd. Just watching manure getting battered and no buffering. 

By seasider 1 week ago

‍Yeah I was bit gutted when saw the adverts! Rarely watch footy on a mobile or tablet unless on holiday so looks good for that. 

I have two IPTV services which are good but it's never 100%. For example, Nat GEO will be out of sync so you have to flip to the other one. 

Can't wait for Sky to bring out their Internet Streaming Service. Just hope the prices are more competitive than Now TV. Now TV is great for non sky viewers wanting a Sunday pass but 34 quid for the whole month! Steep in my opinion especially as that is just for sports alone.