RE: What Doncaster fans are sayingBy seasider 3 weeks ago
- Blackpool could be described as a surprise packet, but really are not, making a habit of cobbling a good side out of Journey men players, who have been released by other clubs, or are out of contract, end up at Blackpool and flourish.
They have a bad habit of coming to the Keepmoat and bursting our bubble and have a great record here against us in both league and cup.
In Gnanduillet they have a big strong forward who was out of contract and rumoured to be going to South Africa at the start of this season who I touted on here could be a good free signing, that our manager changes stopped all thoughts of, and has formed a strong partnership with Dodoo on loan from Glasgow Rangers.
They will be uncomplicated, organised, and a big strong side, who we will have to play well against, and will try to stop us playing and slow the game pace down to suit them.
- Stick with the opening 11 from yesterday. Try it we might like it. Mason had a good game albeit with no aerial bombardment and may provide the "long term" solution
Manager will remind them of performance v Barnsley
Then they go out and play in similar style and tempo on our Patch and win 2-0 - yes a clean sheet !
- I know Barnsley had the lug Moore, but on the day he didn't prove much of a threat, Dodoo and Gnangullet may do, and Blackpool do not play as an expansive game as Barnsley.
What they do is play good plain percentage football that is uncomplicated, with men between the goal and ball when not in possession, and run the channels when they get the ball, and put it in the area early.
I expect them to be much more of an aerial threat both from set pieces and in open play. Would Anderson be a better option?
- Saw their highlights yesterday and they are a big team but, cut off the supply and you keep them quiet. I wouldn't have a problem with the same XI as Mason can cope. I wouldn't change just for set pieces, just make sure you limit them and don't give daft free kicks away.
- Got a bit of a shock when i looked at the league last night thought Blackpool had started to drop down the division like Fleetwood & Accrington have -- to see them at this moment in time in the upper echelons was a surprise include Rochdale and these lanky teams must have won about 70% of all the matches in the recent past against Rovers
- I've just looked back at the Barnsley game again and some of our earlier games v Posh and Walsall and some of the football is scintillating. Almost Man City/Liverpoolesque in attack. I hope we go for it with the same gusto tomorrow!
RE: What Doncaster fans are sayingBy seasider 2 weeks ago
- We were second best in the first half tonight and it would not have been a surprise if Blackpool had gone in at half time one or two goals up. The goal on the stroke of half time change everything and we controlled the second half and ended up deserved winners.
- Easy to summarise - shit game, 3 points. Job done.
- How can you say that was a shit game.
We carried on the Barnsley performance tonight. Maybe not as flashy but we controlled the outcome once we had scored.
Two goods teams in a great to watch battle.