Group D: Switzerland, Denmark, Republic of Ireland, Georgia, Gibraltar

Group E: Croatia, Wales, Slovakia, Hungary, Azerbaijan

Group F: Spain, Sweden, Norway, Romania, Faroe Islands, Malta

Group G: Poland, Austria, Israel, Slovenia, Macedonia, Latvia

Group H: France, Iceland, Turkey, Albania, Moldova, Andorra

Group I: Belgium, Russia, Scotland, Cyprus, Kazakhstan, San Marino

Group J: Italy, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Finland, Greece, Armenia, Liechtenstein

🤪 complicated  

Who makes the play-off is based on performance in the Nations League, rather than in actual Euro 2020 qualifying.

As it stands, 16 teams have already won a place in the play-off stage.

They are the winners of each Nations League group:

Switzerland, Portugal, Netherlands, England, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Ukraine, Denmark, Sweden, Scotland, Norway, Serbia, Finland, Georgia, Macedonia, Kosovo, Belarus.

But if they go through automatically?...

If one of those 16 teams already in the play-offs wins an automatic spot for Euro 2020, their play-off place will of course have to go to somebody else.

It will be taken up will be taken by the next best-ranked team in their Nations League tier.

So for example - if England qualify, their play-off spot could end up with Iceland - assuming they have failed to also qualify.

Effectively this means that there will be a place for a team from each tier of the Nations League:

From the bottom tier, one of Georgia, Macedonia, Kosovo and Belarus will definitely be at the finals.

BBC sport
Scotland still wont be able to manage it.
Fuck all that. Let me know when there's a big shiny cup given out after the match and I'll tune in.
Relatively tough group. Excuse my ignorance but when did Kosovo have a football team. 

Last year I think.

I’m not even sure they are fully recognised as a independent country yet.

Hero wrote:

Last year I think.

I’m not even sure they are fully recognised as a independent country yet.

‍They are by everyone except Serbia I think.

Presume there will be no issues between Montenegro and Kosovo. Says Montenegro recognises Kosovo as a separate country on Wikipedia.

England will play Holland in the Nations League Semi-Final. Should be a good match.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46423808