members do not see advertisements

Good afternoon

By Hannibal in

General Chat

1 week ago
RE: Good afternoon
By Hannibal 1 week ago
I have just created an account here after the insanity that is AVFTT.  Hope it’s a bit calmer on here and obviously I hope things improve at the club so we have something to discuss.  Thanks.
By TheSteed 1 week ago
Hannibal wrote:I have just created an account here after the insanity that is AVFTT.  Hope it’s a bit calmer on here and obviously I hope things improve at the club so we have something to discuss.  Thanks.

‍Welcome to the board Hannibal

By seasider 1 week ago

Welcome Hannibal. Not sure what's gone on over on AVFTT but everyone gets a clean slate here and I am sure you will be welcomed.

Given the nature of where we are as football club, rifts and arguments are difficult to avoid but one thing we strive for is to ensure all opinions are respected even if people don't agree with them.
By Bentent 1 week ago
We are all friends here with different opinions but all respected - apart from Magic no-one likes him.......
By Magic147 1 week ago

It's true!

Welcome to the board, Hannibal.

By seasider 1 week ago

Out of interest Hannibal, do you attend games or are you NAPM?

Might as well ask the question now 😀

By Bally 1 week ago
I hope not. I fucking hate scabs.
By Hannibal 1 week ago

The last game I went to seaside, was away at Bournemouth in 2013 when Ince had a paddy and got a 5 match ban.  Wasn’t a bad game as I remember.  So that puts me pretty firmly NAPM I think.  

Ooh no swear filters.

By seasider 1 week ago
More of a stay away than me. I still attend the odd away game although haven't this season.

Yes this is a big boy forum. You can type 'Scunthorpe' without it being censored. Having said that, we do promote non-excessive swearing but that's up to users to moderate themselves.

By tangerinejezza 1 week ago
Nice one 👍
By TheSteed 1 week ago
Hannibal wrote:

Ooh no swear filters.

‍Nah, we are adults here.

By Hannibal 1 week ago

😊👍

Don’t worry, I’m not going to go on a rant.  A refreshing change.

By seasider 1 week ago
If you have any initial feedback Hannibal, don't hesitate to say. This is a new forum and we are still listening to users.
By Hannibal 1 week ago

seasider, I will.  But first impressions are really good.  I’m sure the numbers will improve given time.  Compared to AVFTT it’s like night and day in terms of user interface and look.  I thought BHS had been going a long time though?  Is this the second reincarnation?

AVFTT may have the numbers but much of the content is appalling.  Maybe some who were expressing a bit of discontent will defect?  But anyway I’m not getting into that.  It’s a new dawn.

By TheSteed 1 week ago
Hannibal wrote:

I thought BHS had been going a long time though?  Is this the second reincarnation?

‍Third reincarnation.

Recently started from scratch with a custom built forum so I could develop new features. Just added live scores which I think is a first for an independent footy forum.

By seasider 1 week ago

Yes the old platform was good but we were limited in making any more improvements. Steed wanted to use new web technology so it's been built from scratch. This means we have lost some functionality such as private messaging, search, etc but these will come back over time. The original focus has been making it accessible on alI devices. I can't speak for Steed but I suspect bigger user base would drive him on more to develop quicker 😉

On the point about AVFTT, I think its only fair to say it has a lot of good content as well. We just try and steer clear of it. We don't want threads on here discussing what's going on over there. 

By Magic147 1 week ago
Anyway, what's your favourite cheese?
By Hannibal 1 week ago
I can understand that seasider, not my intent to get into that I was just comparing.  
By seasider 1 week ago
Magic147 wrote:Anyway, what's your favourite cheese?

‍We need polls back. That would get people buzzing voting for their favourite cheese.

seasider wrote:

‍We need polls back. That would get people buzzing voting for their favourite cheese.

Fuck off ! 

No favourite chip shop or kebab shop. 

Chocolate hobnob 👍

By tangerine77 1 week ago
Lancashire cheese, fucking love it especially toasted.

Garstang blue! 

No other cheese comes close. 

By munkle 1 week ago
tangerinejezza wrote:

Fuck off ! 

No favourite chip shop or kebab shop. 

Chocolate hobnob 👍

‍Ahmet’s in Lytham. Thread closed.

Ps. Welcome aboard Hannibal. 

By Hero 1 week ago

I was reading AVFTT the other night. It’s like everyone is going through that lunatic phase right before a mental breakdown!

I just couldn’t be arsed reading that every night.

By Hero 1 week ago
Oh yeah, welcome.
By seasider 1 week ago
Hero wrote:

I was reading AVFTT the other night. It’s like everyone is going through that lunatic phase right before a mental breakdown!

I just couldn’t be arsed reading that every night.

‍How many times do you end up saying to yourself, it's only a messageboard! Reminds when I used to play Yahoo Pool as a kid trying to pull a bird thinking it was real life. 

By Bally 1 week ago
That's called masterbation