members do not see advertisements

Can modern morals be placed on old songs?

By tangerinejezza in

General Chat

1 week ago
RE: Can modern morals be placed on old songs?
By tangerinejezza 1 week ago

With radio stations in America banning “ Baby it cold outside “ as meaning something completely different to when it was released. And the usual clamer has started about “ fairytale of New York “ and the line “ you scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy faggot “ 

And don’t get me started on the Vegans wanting to ban old sayings like bringing back the bacon and more than one way to skin a cat. 

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-12-04/baby-its-cold-outside-axed-from-christmas-playlist-on-radio-station/

By Magic147 1 week ago

What's up with Baby It's Cold Outside?

I mean it's a bit rapey but...

By seasider 1 week ago
You beat me to it. How many times do we say let's stay in it's cold outside. Doesn't mean I have an ulterior motive and I want to get the handcuffs out.
By Magic147 1 week ago
Is that why they've banned it?
By seasider 1 week ago
Fuck knows, making my own assumptions. 
By GynnSquarePhoenix 1 week ago

Yes...it's a couple of lines, one where she asks "What's in this drink?" and the other where he claims there will be no cabs around due to the snow. 

The claim is  he's gonna get her wasted and bed her. What did she expect on Christmas Eve wearing that dress? 

Silly publicity stunt by a local dj goes international because we will find controversy in anything. 

By munkle 1 week ago

I play “Baby it’s cold outside” on my show but always mention how unsavoury some of the lyrics are afterwards.

Having said that though, I always back announce Calvin Harris’s “I’ve got all the girls, I’ve got all the girls” with the line “Remember, if you are listening Calvin, #bringbackourgirls.”