I will be there - a local match for me and my first this season with POTG.  Oh to return to Bloomfield Road when the time is right!!
I presume there is an away boozer close to the ground?
seasider wrote:I presume there is an away boozer close to the ground?

No

From Football Ground Guide:

At the ground itself, there are two bars to choose from, Studds & the Ratcliffe Arms. Studds is located underneath the Pearl Street Stand and is worth a visit if only to sample the large range of tasty pies & pasties on offer at £2.50 (which are also available inside the ground). No real ales here, but the bar has lots of memorabilia/pictures on the walls and some lovely looking barmaids which softens the blow. The Ratcliffe Arms is located at the car park entrance to the ground, on Sandy Lane. This pub has SKY TV, real ale, hot food and is family friendly. On my last visit, this pub had a mixture of home and away fans. 

Rochdale is shit for drinking and def has no away pub. You are best going to the pub/club at the side of the ground.

There's a couple of Sam Smiths pubs not far away. Did one of them up 8 years ago. 

I'm working,  then family gathering at tea time. 

Studds is decent.
tangerine77 wrote:Rochdale is shit for drinking and def has no away pub. You are best going to the pub/club at the side of the ground.

‍That little bar at the side of the ground was where we ended up mate wasn't it? 

You fancy this one Chris?

I do as it happens, might just stay in the pub though. I will check my schedule for Xmas.

No mention of POTG but I'm sure it will be.

--------

Tickets are now available to purchase for Blackpool's Boxing Day fixture at Rochdale.

The Seasiders have initially been allocated 324 unreserved seating tickets for the match, priced as follows: 

- £22 for Adults

- £16 for Seniors (65 and Over)

- £16 for 21 and Under

- £5 for Juniors (16 and Under)

Anyone know the best coaches to go with nowadays? Preferably with NAPM on board. Or transport wise what’s our best bet here, train links etc seem crap and also with it being Boxing Day...
Don't think there is a NAPM coach for POTG matches. 
seanmacca100 wrote:Anyone know the best coaches to go with nowadays? Preferably with NAPM on board. Or transport wise what’s our best bet here, train links etc seem crap and also with it being Boxing Day...

‍Boxing Day is pretty shit for travelling. Was hoping to get the train but not possible.

Glad to see you are all softening... like mushrooms! Going on this match are we? 

Yes my token match of the season. Not seen us win a match for about 4/5 years so not expecting much. 


Nobber123 wrote:Glad to see you are all softening... like mushrooms! Going on this match are we? 

‍Am I fuck, you streak of cunt.

seasider wrote:

‍Boxing Day is pretty shit for travelling. Was hoping to get the train but not possible.

‍minibus to Rochdale will be about £60, split between 6 or 7 lads.

That how I’d be going..... if I had that many mates!

There is a NAPM more coach going, it’s all the lads off FY4 from 5/6 years ago!

I think muffin man is running it (I don’t know his real name).

Hero wrote:

‍minibus to Rochdale will be about £60, split between 6 or 7 lads.

That how I’d be going..... if I had that many mates!

‍Fucking hell, it's hard enough finding one Pool fan these days, nevermind 7! 

Getting close now for my annual match of the season. Losing yesterday hasn't helped in terms of motivation.  You just know it won't end well but at least a chance to have a Christmas pint with Steed.

Wish I could be there with you. Half my kin come from Littleborough, near Rochdale. Lovely tiny people, not as cutthroat and cynical as the Wythenshaw half.
Maybe one day in better circumstances. Told people in the pub I was going to Rochdale on Boxing Day and it's fair to say they thought I was mad. I long for the days that going to watch Blackpool isn't considered weird!
I have a couple of clients in Littleborough, lovely place.
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:Wish I could be there with you. Half my kin come from Littleborough, near Rochdale. Lovely tiny people, not as cutthroat and cynical as the Wythenshaw half.

‍ive got family from Wythenshaw too. If nothing else,  you know exactly where you stand with them.

Hero wrote:

‍ive got family from Wythenshaw too. If nothing else,  you know exactly where you stand with them.

‍Often a fighting stance while nursing the dregs of the eleventeenth pint.