- 100% guaranteed win thanks to resting all those players last week . Well it better be .
1-3 to The Addicks
- Blackpool 1 - 2 Charlton
- We must win after fielding a weakened team, also if we need to win to keep comfortable in the play offs and show we are looking upwards rather than down. 0-2 Charlton - COYR
- Me and my Dad are going despite every trip we've ever made to blackpool being totally miserable (including last year when we went twice, once when it got cancelled, once when it was the worst performance i've ever seen)
- One of the best things about supporting Charlton over the past 52 years has been making life long friends who I still go with. Saturday will be know different some of the people I am going with Saturday were also with me at Blackpool in 72 including Kevin Hopkins who is flying over from Spain for this game.
Anyway I apologise for going of topic. 2.1 Charlton.
- Win this or Bowyer will get slated for surrendering our F A Cup mission .. Blackpool don't score many and neither do they concede many .. a draw looks likely but I fancy us to win this, JUST.
- Dodoo to score a hat-trick? No seriously, they let in very few goals and I have to hope for a win, so 0-1, if it is possible for us to win 1-0 although I hope that if this is the case, we score in the 90th minute so it will not be too stressful waiting to see if they equalize
- Will Joe Dodoo show us what he couldn't do at Charlton? Been scoring of late.
- Blackpool play a 3-4-1-2 but have some fairly tall players in their team, notably an enormous 6ft 10.5 inch defender in Joe Bunney, although, he doesn’t play too often. They had 8 players over 6ft in their last league game away at Doncaster. It’s important for us to be aware of their aerial presence. Their formation is very similar to our diamond midfield. This would actually have been a perfect game to have matched them up with Page at left wing back if he was fit. However, he is not so Bows will continue with the diamond midfield which unfortunately means that Marshall is most likely to start on the bench.
- I have a feeling that we are going to lose the next two games.
- Blackpool have done exceptionally well this season never easy going to Bloomfield RD on a awful pitch and wind blowing in off the sea .. and with Pompey on Tuesday very difficult two away games I was hoping Pompey would draw their Cup match. Suppose one win out of these two games would be decent better then two draws .... but I can’t see past a draw at Blackpool .
Hopefully other results will fall for us and we head into the two home games still in 6th spot ... fingers crossed
- A tight tough game. I can see a low scoring draw and with a decent performance, or a bit of luck, we might just nick it
- The only chance we have at Blackpool is that they have one eye on their replay against Solihull next Tuesday night for the right to host Arsenal. If their focus is 100% on us then they'll win comfortably.
- The chinz of Blackpool is always fun, though if not for any prolonged period of time. Tough game, we will have to be on our mettle to get anything. I do believe it's possible though - hard fought single goal victory.
- Like last season there is a doubt about this fixture going ahead , very heavy rain and high winds forecasted for the Blackpool area today and tomorrow
- We were awful at Burton and didn't deserve to win, although glad we did. However, if we play like that at Blackpool they will take us apart as Burton did but they couldn't score.
- The ground takes around 20k. Charlton will take about 350 in a section of about 2000.
- Seriously, are the gates that low? I know the main stand is always empty but - 1,500!?
- Just rang Blackpool FC - the groundsman was standing by the girl who answered phone and said game will be on -Am going so hope he is right.COYR
- Blackpool aren't better than Burton, they’re just higher in the league. Blackpool’s 3-0 win over Burton a few weeks back was a bit flukey and one of those games where everything went in for Blackpool. By the end of the season, I’d assume Burton finish higher in the league than Blackpool do. Nonetheless, tomorrow is tough even more with conditions and the injuries we unfortunately have, but, I am hopeful for all three points.
- That game was ours, and then we fell apart. Not entirely sure why. Their substitute Guy completely changed the game I think.
- And now, after missing a string of chances ourselves, we get a dose of our own medicine. That's football, I'm afraid.
- Sounded as if we deserved a point max, and Doncaster wallop someone away from home after playing a strong team in the cup. You can say ifs and buts all you like but results are the proof it was a stupid thing to do.
- Second half a lot better. A draw would have been a fair result. On to Tuesday.
- by the sounds of it we seem to tire out in the last 10 minutes and lost control of the game we should of won ourselfs judging by the rest of the second half performance.
- I think what is most depressing is that Blackpool are a club in arguably more turmoil than us and have beaten us, so really as much as I blame Roland those players today need to face criticism as well.
- Good atmosphere from our fans today, and a few of us were commenting on how impressive Blackpool's boycott is. Nice people up here so I hope Oyston fucks off soon so they can back to watching their club.
- So we lose at League 1 Blackpool, but you really think we could have beaten Championship Preston ? Well we could have, but as they are far better than Blackpool it would be unlikely.
- Poor pitch but we looked so average today , Marshall just adds nothing going forward , fosu a shadow of the player last season, Grant still not getting his passes away quick enough , solly really poor , for a team with promotion aspirations all well under par , lose on Tuesday and all the momentum gone . Need Cullen back quick , just another shit weekend being a charlton fan.
- Charlton substitutions - ineffective. Blackpool substitutions - produce the match winner - says it all - when was the last time a Charlton substitute scored a match winner ? All very depressing.