members do not see advertisements

Central Car Park to become ....

By GynnSquarePhoenix in

General Chat

5 days ago
RE: Central Car Park to become ....
By GynnSquarePhoenix 5 days ago

By the time I wake up you should know what super attraction is coming to Blackpool in 2020. They are making the announcement on Friday at 7am.

Rumours are flying ... Harry Potter World, Legoland, Massive shopping development, Disney, Universal.

Could be a game changer.

A couple of links to proposed projects are doing the rounds but still not confirmed ....

https://www.scottbrownrigg.com/projects/blackpool-central-station

https://studionesh.co.uk/waterfront-site-blackpool

By Hannibal 5 days ago
Let’s hope it’s something good.  The town needs a massive overhaul.  I think there’s a vast untapped market of people who are now taking holidays within the UK rather than going abroad.  Unfortunately Blackpool’s image has put many off.  If we could see something that could appeal to more aspirational types it could draw a lot of money in.  
By seasider 5 days ago
The return of Pricebusters?
By seasider 5 days ago

Not sure if this tweet suggests it will be controversial..

By tangerine77 5 days ago
Thought it was going to be a training complex.
By seasider 5 days ago

By TheSteed 5 days ago
Been in the ones at Universal in Florida and they are pretty good. Provided of course that is is going to be on the same scale and not some cheap knockoff.
By Hannibal 5 days ago

Hmmm I don’t know about this.  If it is done right then maybe, but if it’s half arsed it’ll be a big white elephant.  Not what I was hoping for.

We need an IMAX and some nice restaurants/bars not some kids ride.  

That’s if it happens of course...

By Magic147 5 days ago

Personally I think Blackpool should embrace its seedier side and go full on Amsterdam.

A proper red light district and coffee shops where you can buy and smoke weed freely without hassle from the fuzz.

Properly run, licensed and legitimate brothels would also allow the virgins who still attend Bloomfield Road to get their ends away and they wouldn't have to worry the general population or any schools or owt.

Plus the additional tax revenue could be used to provide subsidised dental work for them and plastic surgery to make them look more human. Not fully human of course, we still want to be able to identify one in case they're in a seat on a bus or using the public toilets without permission.

The ones who refuse to engage with the new regime we could just drown in the sea.

By Hannibal 4 days ago

Central Car Park to become ....Initially another car park.

By seasider 4 days ago
It's ambitious and perhaps slightly risky! Let's face it though, any investment is good for Blackpool.
By tangerinejezza 4 days ago
Hannibal wrote:

Hmmm I don’t know about this.  If it is done right then maybe, but if it’s half arsed it’ll be a big white elephant.  Not what I was hoping for.

We need an IMAX and some nice restaurants/bars not some kids ride.  

That’s if it happens of course...

They’re ment to be building an imax at the back of the houndshill. 

By GynnSquarePhoenix 4 days ago
A fucking carnival ride! What do you do in winter, close it down to decay or get vandalised or run it at a loss? Expected better tbh.
By tangerinejezza 4 days ago
I must admit, I’m totally underwhelmed!
By North Shore Dude 4 days ago

Should build a large concert venue that will be used all year round. People from all over the country would return many times to watch their favourite bands  and make a holiday out of it

A Flying theater will probably become a white elephant

That's my argument against any kind of ride no matter how spectacular.  It's a single visit, tick the box, destination. 
By seasider 4 days ago

So will it be something like this?

Exactly..similar rides at Disney and Universal for years. Great on acid, decent sober but once you've seen it....