members do not see advertisements

Sports you can't get into

By seasider in

Other Sports

4 weeks ago
RE: Sports you can't get into
By seasider 4 weeks ago
It seems fashionable to follow Darts these days but I find it boring. It's probably ok at the venue as you can just get pissed but as a spectable, I am sure what the obsession is.
By tangerinejezza 4 weeks ago
Not a darts fan myself. Don’t really know how you can call it a sport. They’re hardly in peak physical condition 🤣.
By Magic147 4 weeks ago
Darts is shite.
continues after advertisement
By Bally 4 weeks ago
As above
By TheSteed 4 weeks ago

Ice hockey. 

I can never see the puck, it's just loads of guys dancing on ice then a buzzer goes off and someone gets a point.

By Hero 4 weeks ago
TheSteed wrote:

Ice hockey. 

I can never see the puck, it's just loads of guys dancing on ice then a buzzer goes off and someone gets a point.

‍haha.... should have gone to specsavers.

Ice hockey is my second favourite sport after cricket. My lad is going to Moscow next April to play and then the Russians come here a year later!

I can’t wait.

By Hero 4 weeks ago
F1 for me.
By Magic147 4 weeks ago
I once had a remarkable experience in Amsterdam watching an ice hockey game with a box of mushrooms.
By seasider 4 weeks ago
Hero wrote:F1 for me.

‍Agreed. Don't think I have ever watched a race in my life. Struggle to do one lap.

By Qblock2019 4 weeks ago
Water sports. I’m already wet behind the ears 😁
By GynnSquarePhoenix 4 weeks ago

Horse racing, I'm not a gambler so have no interest in the outcome and always feel bad for the horses. 

I have paid to watch humans whipped.

By seasider 4 weeks ago
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

Horse racing, I'm not a gambler so have no interest in the outcome and always feel bad for the horses. 

‍Exactly how I feel. Horse Racing probably tops my list. 

By Hero 4 weeks ago
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

It’s not exactly whipping, the items used to encourage the horse are so padded the horses are unlikely to feel any pain. They are used more to keep the horse in its running rhythm. 

They say it’s too difficult to inform the general public of this and people would still be sceptical. It does make you wonder why they have the penalty for jockeys who use it excessively though.

I don’t like the sport but the women in my family have horses.

I’ve also been told that if racing was banned all race horses would be put down!

continues after advertisement

Show jumping! 

That shit is beyond crap. 💩 

Horse racing is class. You should come to Pontefract races. A cracking day out.
By Hero 4 weeks ago
Qblock2019 wrote:Horse racing is class. You should come to Pontefract races. A cracking day out.

‍i just watch my aunt and her friends on the fox hunt every year.

It’s a perfect view from my garden!

Have you used Cockney rhyming there?😁
By seasider 4 weeks ago
I will be the first to mention Cricket. I can kind of see why people might like it but too much standing around scratching balls.
By Hero 4 weeks ago
seasider wrote:I will be the first to mention Cricket. I can kind of see why people might like it but too much standing around scratching balls.

‍if I was a mod you’d be banned for life for that comment.

By seasider 4 weeks ago
Would never have had you down as a Cricket fan.
By Hero 4 weeks ago
seasider wrote:Would never have had you down as a Cricket fan.

‍by far my favourite sport.

Looking at doing a few tours with England in the next couple of years.

Hero wrote:

‍if I was a mod you’d be banned for life for that comment.

‍I second that emotion. Cricket is my number 1 sport. I am a fully qualified Umpire after retirement from playing the game a few years back.I love every minute of it and now get paid for the pleasure too.

By daib0 4 weeks ago
never got into basketball...court too small, everyone gets in each other's way, tall guys have an advantage, also American football is lost on me...
By Bally 4 weeks ago
Can't believe no ones mentioned Golf. As a participant it may be OK but as a spectator, it's shite. Can't even see the ball until it's on the green.
By TheSteed 4 weeks ago

I like T20 cricket. Used to like all cricket but tried going to a day of a test match about 3 times and every time it rained.

All day.

The cost of three whole days in a marquee in a sporting arena put me off going again.

By Hero 4 weeks ago

I watched England v Pakistan at old Trafford once. One of my contact lenses dropped out, before the first ball was bowled,  and the sun was in my good eye.

Not a great day.

By seasider 4 weeks ago
Dare I say Rugby League with QBlock now on board. I can get into the big matches in Rugby Union such as the Six Nations and World Cup but never watch Rugby League. However, with Rugby, I can see why people like it and respect the players as it's a brutal sport.
By louise_a 4 weeks ago
Boxing! apart from the premise of 2 people trying to injure each other, whats with all the different world champions, WBC,WBA,IBF etc its a farce!

Due to my lads desire to get into motor sport engineering, I’ve watched quite a bit of F1 this year and have enjoyed a bit of it. Reading the comments on various sites and forums is hilarious. 

By seasider 4 weeks ago
louise_a wrote:Boxing! apart from the premise of 2 people trying to injure each other, whats with all the different world champions, WBC,WBA,IBF etc its a farce!

‍Yeah don't understand the belts. I just see it as heavyweight, lightweight, etc. Regardless of belts though, I enjoy watching it. It's their choice at the end of the day and they make a lot of money from it!