members do not see advertisements

January '19 transfer window thread

By A_Tense_Grin in

Blackpool FC

4 weeks ago
RE: January '19 transfer window thread
By A_Tense_Grin 4 weeks ago

Manager McPhillips said: “We’ve been meeting and we’ve got some targets, but we haven’t got a lot of money, that’s for sure. 

“We’ll just have to try and work it this way and that way, but it would be nice to bring a couple of new faces in. 

“We’ve pretty much had to do with the squad we’ve got. If we can get one or two in, that would be great. 

“Of course we don’t want to lose anybody, do we? “If we can keep the same group, and hopefully keep them fit, as I’ve said before I think we’re a match for anyone.” 

Asked how frustrating it was not to have the cash made available, McPhillips replied (after a long pause): “It would be nice to have some money but we haven’t, so we’ll just get on with it. “We haven’t got time to be complaining. We’ve just got to crack on. “We’ll remain positive and hopefully we can wheel and deal and bring a couple in who will improve us.” 

And when asked if he will be required to move some players out of the club, the Pool boss added: “Possibly, yes.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/terry-mcphillips-ready-to-wheel-and-deal-for-blackpool-in-january-window-1-9503984

By TheSteed 4 weeks ago

🙄

By seasider 4 weeks ago
The biggest challenge will be keeping hold of players like Tilt. Just can't see it happening. 
continues after advertisement
By Tangerinenick 4 weeks ago
No challenge. Any player who can be sold will be sold.  TP needs to get rid of the deadwood and hope he is given permission to go cap in hand for any freebies to replace them.
By seasider 3 weeks ago
By Devon-Pool 3 weeks ago
No change there, really crap for manager) 
By seasider 2 weeks ago

Working on a couple of loan deals.

McPhillips said: “We’re working on a couple but we won’t be doing a lot, that’s for sure. There’s not a lot of money available. “It might be a case of seeing a couple go out and having a couple come in but we need a couple of new faces to freshen it up.” McPhillips pointed to Pool’s lack of quality in attacking areas following the stalemate at Wimbledon.

By Sir Stanley 2 weeks ago
By seasider 2 weeks ago
By seasider 2 weeks ago
By tangerine77 2 weeks ago
Surely someone will come in for Spearing? One of the best players in this league.
By seasider 2 weeks ago

I think Spearing, Tilt and Armand are the players Terry McPhillips would like to keep. I like Thompson as well but I can't see anyone coming in for him in January.

Our squad is too small though so any player leaving would be a problem for the manager.

Difficult window for McPhillips although not difficult in the sense that he knows he has no budget.
By tangerinejezza 2 weeks ago
The transfer door slams shut at Blackpool only allowing exits. 
continues after advertisement
By sudds green 2 weeks ago

Might be the only way for us to get  rid,  Jezz.

Awful to have to hope we lose everything, every game,  every paying fan,  before the owners chuck in the towel

By seasider 2 weeks ago
Bowyer had a couple of transfer windows so this will be McPhillips first one in charge. Perhaps on January 31st, he will realise why Bowyer quit.
By seasider 2 weeks ago

Nick Anderton returns from Accrington and Quigley goes to Halifax.

By Rileyman 2 weeks ago
Good news that Quigley is coming to my local team Halifax on loan until the end of the season.  I shall be down at the Shay on Saturday to watch him play but home in time to watch the Arsenal match on tv.  Will report on his performance on Saturday.
By seasider 2 weeks ago

I am of the opinion if he was any good, he would have had more starts at a struggling Vale. Hope he proves me wrong.

Nick Anderton is an interesting one. Played regularly for Stanley so can't be too bad. Either he will be backup for Bola or Bola will be pushed further forward to left wing.
By seasider 2 weeks ago

By seasider 2 weeks ago

Heneghan linked with Sunderland and Tilt linked with Rangers. We won't have any defenders left!

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/03/do-could-rangers-now-land-blackpools-curtis-tilt-on-the-cheap/

By Rileyman 1 week ago
Watched Quigley at Halifax Town this pm- his first match.  Looked abit short of match fitness as he tried to fit in with his new colleagues.  Didn't receive much support from other players but was not out of the game.  Had a chance near the end but couldn't control the ball.  Feel he will do better as he plays more.  Will monitor his games through more matches watched and Shay Fans Forum.  
By seasider 1 week ago
Thanks Riley. Sounds like he will struggle to make the grade in the football league but wish him well.
By seasider 1 week ago

Coventry City and Blackpool want to sign promising youngster Antony Evans from Everton, according to journalist Alan Nixon.

League One sides Coventry City and Blackpool want to sign promising youngster Antony Evans from Everton.

In 2016/17 Antony Evans was on loan with League Two side Morecambe. He made 14 appearances with the League Two outfit, scoring two goals.

Antony Evans’s impressive form saw him sign a new contract in February until June 2020. He was also handed the captaincy of the Under-23s by boss David Unsworth.

By sudds green 1 week ago

Wonder who'll be a more attractive proposition? 

Can't say heard of him when he starred for Morecambe 

By seasider 1 week ago

Newcastle United under-23s striker Elias Sorensen is wanted by Blackpool on loan this month, according to the Chronicle.

The regional newspaper reports on their website that the League One outfit have asked about the possibility of taking the 19-year-old on loan in the current transfer window of the remainder of the season, but the Magpies have not decided whether he will exit the club this month.

Gateshead previously had interest in signing United’s teenage sensation, with Sorensen also being watched by Hartlepool scout Tommy Miller this season.

By seasider 3 days ago

Steve Davies signs for Hamilton after being released by Blackpool.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hamilton-accies-make-first-january-13860929

By Magic147 3 days ago
It's academical.
By seasider 3 days ago
I'm sure they play artificial grass. Davies will love that. 
By seasider 2 days ago
Surprised there haven't been more rumours about our players. Tilt must be itching for a move. 
By seasider 15 hours ago

Having admitted the Seasiders are only looking to bring in one new player this month, likely to be Newcastle United striker Elias Sorensen, the Pool boss says that could change were players to leave. McPhillips said: 

“It will probably just be the one new signing unless we lose one or two. “I don’t think anyone has come in for any of our players so far, which I find surprising, but there are still two weeks to go. 

Hopefully that stays the same. “It will probably be the last day (when the club receives offers), so we have to be ready if it happens to bring the replacements in.