We have a general Premier League discussion thread so let's have a thread for the other divisions. It can be used for talking points that don't necessarily require a new thread. A couple of examples might be Fleetwood, Nobbers and even Daib0's Reading. 

It will probably die a death....

Good to see Nobbers lose again. Can't see them being sucked back into the relegation battle again though. 

Bad day for Daib0's Reading. 4-0 home defeat to Swansea. 

Steve Bruce has been named as the new manager of Championship club Sheffield Wednesday.

Bruce will take charge from 1 February, with assistants Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence taking control until then.

Dutchman Jos Luhukay was dismissed by Wednesday on 21 December after less than a year in charge.

In any other profession a manager that keeps getting sacked would never get another job. Not just Bruce, there are loads of them with CV's that just say 'failed'.

To be fair to Bruce, I think he holds the record for the most ever promotions so it's not all bad. Villa was a tough job and he did better there than most managers would.

I think it could be a shrewd appointment by Wednesday. I think their fans are generally happy with appointing a 'proper' manager to quote one fan.

John Sheridan has resigned as manager of Carlisle. They have just won 5 on the bounce and in the League Two play offs. He is expected to be announced as the new Chesterfield manager who are a club in turmoil at the bottom of the Conference. 

It's a funny old game....

Bally wrote:In any other profession a manager that keeps getting sacked would never get another job. Not just Bruce, there are loads of them with CV's that just say 'failed'.

‍its also the only profession that’s deems failure as success..... if you get my drift.

Gary Rowett sacked at Stoke.

David Moyes and Allardyce linked. 

Pete O'Rourke:

‏It looks like Stoke have got their man to replace Gary Rowett in Luton's Nathan Jones. #scfc #LTFC

Luton are doing brilliant. Second from the top of League One. Going to Stoke is a gamble. Car crash of a club.

He's even got a song.....

Didn't see this one coming

Nottingham Forest have parted company with manager Aitor Karanka after just a year in the job.

The 45-year-old Spaniard was appointed in January 2018 and has left the City Ground with Forest seventh in the Championship table.

His final game in charge was Saturday's FA Cup defeat by Chelsea, having beaten Leeds the previous week to move within four points of the top six.

A club statement said Karanka "asked to be released from his contract".

yep, only reason the Royals won yesterday was because Forest are managerless .. and finished the game with 9 on field!!

A win is a win especially when you're down there! 

I think you will be ok and it will be Bolton, Rotherham and Ipswich that go down.

Over 15,000 at Notts County v Cambridge on Saturday. It was £2 a ticket though. 

Martin O'Neil confirmed as Forest Manager. He was rather dashing back in the day

Scholes hasn't got the personality to be an accountant nevermind enough of one to be a manager.
High profile appointment though which can work wonders in League Two. Sol Campbell is doing a decent job at Macclesfield as they were dead and buried before he took over. Safe to say Oldham fans are happy with it. Obviously it could go tits up....
He is worth employing for his contacts alone

Exactly, he will be able to get quality players on loan if nothing else. I can see Oldham getting out of League Two with this appointment. Maybe not this season but definitely next.
still very much depressing reading for Reading! 

Tough game away at Derby. Reading will need to win their home games. Not looking good for you but only 2 points off safety.

I can remember Reading in League One but it was a long time ago and probably before the Majesky Stadium.
The mighty Cods have gone above us after a 3-0 win at AFC Wimbledon. 
seasider wrote:The mighty Cods have gone above us after a 3-0 win at AFC Wimbledon. 

‍And quite fitting too

I was at Poolfoot last sunday watching Harry play football. The place was heaving, 100's of local youngsters playing footy and enjoying tremendous facilities. 

This alone makes FTFC the best club on the Fylde Coast.

How did Andy Pilley manage to create this wonderful, purpose built Football facility without any of the Premier League millions Blackpool FC enjoyed

Massive credit to him and puts Pool and Oyston to shame. Obviously great for the youngsters as they won't give a shit where they play but in the long-term, it just feels wasted on Fleetwood as they will never get the crowds. Those facilities should have been in Blackpool a long time ago.

Again

Third time is the charm, maybe this time he'll take them all the way to the top...

...Or get sacked again in a couple of seasons.

Notts County chairman puts club up for sale after tweeting a picture of his cock.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-47020203

If Notts Country are relegated, Stoke will become the oldest Football League Club in England in the top four divisions.

I bet that's made your day.