members do not see advertisements

Would you go back if a receiver was appointed?

By seasider in

Blackpool FC

2 weeks ago
RE: Would you go back if a receiver was appointed?
By seasider 2 weeks ago

TAM on Twitter raises an interesting point.

Therefore, it the club was in the hands of a receiver, would you go back or would you wait until the situation has been fully resolved?

By Qblock2019 2 weeks ago
Only go back when the stench of Oyston has well and truly been removed.
By GynnSquarePhoenix 2 weeks ago
I honestly don't fully understand the process. I thought a receiver was someone who oversaw the liquidation of a business, ensuring that creditors got paid back from the sale of stock, fixtures and fittings.
continues after advertisement
By TheSteed 2 weeks ago

I think the receiver could effectively own the club, so no cash would go to Oyston.

Tam seems to be saying that is t necessarily always the case though.

By seasider 2 weeks ago
I still don't understand how likely that is. I need some of those pills Magic has been taken and read through it all. 
By Magic147 2 weeks ago

Not until Oyston is 100% gone.

Otherwise you may as well go back now.

By seasider 2 weeks ago
Fair enough. That would be an interesting debate but for now I think we would all be happy to be at least discussing that for real even if it meant a 12 point deduction.
By TwelveAngryMen 2 weeks ago

I've done a piece on what the appointment of  a receiver might mean for BST which I think they are going to run next week so I won't go into too much detail now

The issue of ' do we return ' will I think be something we will all need to consider in such an eventuality

It's going to get interesting that's for certain 

By seasider 2 weeks ago
Thanks Tim. As you are closer to all this than most Blackpool fans, can you give you us any hope? I see you mention that we might hear something in the next 14 days?
By Magic147 2 weeks ago

I suppose the question for me would be, tif a receiver is appointed, is there any way at all that Oyston could remain involved in the club or its parent company or associated companies?

If the answer is 100% no, then he's as good as gone at that point, if there's even a 1% chance he could cling on from that point, then we should continue to stay away.

In some ways, if our return game is sanctioned whilst he is still in situ, it might make it all the more sweet showing him what a cunt he is before he fucks off for good.

By TwelveAngryMen 2 weeks ago

Seasider as I said in the tweet we are in unchartered territory if there were to be change in tact 

I'm reading between the lines that the receiver option is now the route the Latvians are looking at - it's the one thing that would make sense of the delay

I've reason to believe based on Bridgey's recent posts and some other third party info ( not from Riga ) that there may have have been a deadline imposed that expires tomorrow after which further action ( which might be to appoint a receiver ) will follow 

Bit of guesswork to fill in the gaps but equally I am fairly confident that we will know more in the next 14 days or so

By Bally 2 weeks ago
Won't believe it until Mosser confirms it again
By seasider 2 weeks ago
TwelveAngryMen wrote:

Seasider as I said in the tweet we are in unchartered territory if there were to be change in tact 

I'm reading between the lines that the receiver option is now the route the Latvians are looking at - it's the one thing that would make sense of the delay

I've reason to believe based on Bridgey's recent posts and some other third party info ( not from Riga ) that there may have have been a deadline imposed that expires tomorrow after which further action ( which might be to appoint a receiver ) will follow 

Bit of guesswork to fill in the gaps but equally I am fairly confident that we will know more in the next 14 days or so

‍Sounds positive although I think we have learned not to be too overly optimistic as that just ends up in disappointment.

continues after advertisement
By sudds green 2 weeks ago

We'll never be back. 

More likely to have a Brexit resolution before this shambles is sorted. 

By TheCanuck 2 weeks ago
The receiver would be in charge of the club, but would any revenue earned during that time be used to pay Oystons debts?
By seasider 2 weeks ago
TwelveAngryMen wrote:

‍For those who haven't read this post:

"CC have asked for agreement to appoint a receiver to sell OOs first schedule of assets. 

If or when agreement isn't forthcoming an application to court will result in OO losing all control and a sale being arranged. 

I bet the deluded old sleazy creep wishes he had done as he was told when he had the chance. 

Many happy returns.

I wouldn't return until the receiver is in place as that's the only way of guaranteeing the sleazy grasping creep doesn't have a last minute cash grab. 

As soon as he is gone it should in theory be full houses to demonstrate to potential owners the way it could be right up to the point the fans fall out with the new owners, each other, the manager, individual players or the team as a whole. 

The kindest thing to do would be to close the club down albeit it may deprive many of the only attention or profile they are ever likely to get.

--------------------------------------------------

Q. I wonder how long waiting for a Court date will likely take and how long after before actual auctions... anybody any idea?

A. Towards the end of January."

By Magic147 2 weeks ago

Sounds promising.

My only worry is that a receiver is appointed and Oyston manages to somehow purchase the companies himself (possibly via a third party) and retain control.

By seasider 2 weeks ago
Magic147 wrote:

Sounds promising.

My only worry is that a receiver is appointed and Oyston manages to somehow purchase the companies himself (possibly via a third party) and retain control.

‍I doubt Oyston would have the cash to do that but I am not going to pretend I know how it all works. If he did that, it would be purely out of spite because the club is losing money every week. If Oyston is driven by cash, then surely he wouldn't touch it unless he had plans to knock it all down and build on the land. Bloomfield Road is registered as a community asset so would this prevent Oyston from doing such a thing?

He just needs to fuck off. Sick of wasting my life just thinking how much of a twat he is. He has caused Blackpool fans to lose valuable time with their family and friends. That is unforgivable. He is the only person I ever wished death upon. Sorry gone in rant mode...
By Hero 2 weeks ago

The bloke is a fucking twat, his headstone will be one that gets pissed on all the time!

What age is the old cunt now anyway?

By seasider 2 weeks ago
Was his birthday yesterday. 85.
By Magic147 2 weeks ago

All the good, decent human beings who have died relatively young and this cunt lives to 85+.

If anyone need any further evidence there is no God, here it is, wearing a fedora.

By Hero 2 weeks ago
Magic147 wrote:

All the good, decent human beings who have died relatively young and this cunt lives to 85+.

If anyone need any further evidence there is no God, here it is, wearing a fedora.

‍he could have another 10/15 years left yet.

By seasider 2 weeks ago
Magic147 wrote:

‍That is tweet worthy .... if I was wasn't running an 'official' forum account.

By seasider 2 weeks ago
Hero wrote:

‍he could have another 10/15 years left yet.

‍We need the Russians to intervene. Was Oyston not once a spy?

By Magic147 2 weeks ago
seasider wrote:

‍That is tweet worthy .... if I was wasn't running an 'official' forum account.

‍Ask and ye shall receive.

By Bally 2 weeks ago
seasider wrote:

He has caused Blackpool fans to lose valuable time with their family and friends. . 

I'd say quite the opposit, unless you're a Scab.

By seasider 2 weeks ago

Depends on circumstances. I used to go with my Dad and even though still see him, it was nice going to the footy as opposed to a quick brew! The other man (Rammy's Dad) we went with has since died of Cancer.

By tangerinejezza 2 weeks ago

Pretty much too late now for me and my boy. 

He’s looking at uni in 18 months and if he gets to where he wants, he’ll never be back in the northwest. 

I hate that scum so much, I hope they die a horrible death! 

By seasider 1 week ago
There seems to be some optimism that things might start to happen this week. No idea what but here's hoping.