I’m posting here to ask a favour please.  I am in the process of arranging my father’s funeral.  Despite living all his life in Middlesex, he was a Blackpool fan.  He didn’t manage to pass that on to me (I went with my mother’s family and support Ipswich) so I don’t know much about Blackpool FC’s history.   

I wondered if there are any specific songs, or pieces of poetry / prose that mean a lot to the Blackpool fanbase which I could maybe use at his funeral.  He seemed to use variations on 1953 for various passwords, lock combinations etc so anything relating to the Cup Final that year would be especially appropriate.  

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for your loss mate. The best poster to answer your question will probably see this tomorrow. He goes by the name of Whitstabletangerine and like your Dad has followed the Mighty since year dot.Check in tomorrow.

So sorry for your loss mate. as above whitstable would give you a lot more insight and information than the rest of us . 

Other than the horrendous Blackpool song by the Nolans, I can’t remember before then. 

Really sorry for your loss. 

I started following Pool in late 80's so wouldn't know myself. 

RIP Seasider 

Sorry for your loss.

I always liked  Ellie Robinson - Seasider at heart

It can be found on YouTube 

Thanks everyone for your kind words, I'll keep my fingers crossed that Whitstable Tangerine sees this and can help.
Morning Soupy. I have tweeted it as well on our forum account which has around 2.8k followers. Hopefully this will help and I am sure Whits will read this thread at some point today.
tangerine77 wrote:

Sorry for your loss.

I always liked  Ellie Robinson - Seasider at heart

It can be found on YouTube 

‍Good shout

As with everyone else, really sorry to hear about your bad news.

As for poetry the only this that comes to mind is Albert and The Lion. It’s silly and doesn’t have and depth but if you’re looking for some light relief it’s certainly that and Blackpool related (the town, not the club).

As you may know, none of us are attending games at the moment but if you wanted to contact the club, they may give him a small tribute (a mention in the programme or over the tannoy).

Whits is definitely the best person to ask though.

RIP Seasider 😢

RIP Pool fan

Just bumping this up to the top to help it get seen by the elusive Whitstable Tangerine.

I had a call on dad's mobile today from another Middlesex based Blackpool fan called Tony.  Anyone know of him?

soupytwist wrote:

Just bumping this up to the top to help it get seen by the elusive Whitstable Tangerine.

I had a call on his mobile today from another Middlesex based Blackpool fan called Tony.  Anyone know of him?

Hopefully Whitts is ok, he’s not been on here or avit for a while now. Funnily enough he’s a Tony , but lives in Kent. 

Yes hope he is ok.

He is quite a regular poster Soup but we've not heard anything for a while. 

I hope he's OK too.   Must be quite a commitment following Blackpool from the Kent coast.

Whitstable the town holds a place in my heart as I was at university in Canterbury and spent many a happy hour in Whitstable's pubs.

Worth bumping again. 

It worked last time

RIP

Hope Whits is ok as well. Been a while since saw a post from him.
Has he been on AVFTT?
Only skim read avftt but not seen anything.
seasider wrote:Only skim read avftt but not seen anything.

https://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=3185040 

This thread.

Obviously my skim reading means rarely looking at it!