members do not see advertisements

Joint Statement from BST, MSG and TKs

By BlackpoolSupportersTrust in

Blackpool FC

1 week ago
RE: Joint Statement from BST, MSG and TKs
By BlackpoolSupportersTrust 1 week ago

JOINT STATEMENT FROM BST / TK’s and MSG 

As you will all have seen from BST article in today’s Gazette on the impact of the appointment of a Court Receiver at our club we seem to be moving towards the end game for the Oyston regime. 

It also seems highly likely that there will be periods of uncertainty in the coming weeks/months as to what is happening and how this impacts upon the ongoing ethical boycott / NAPM stance we’ve all maintained up to now. 

Yesterday evening representatives from the three fans groups met to discuss the issue and agreed that were a Court Receiver to be appointed it would be crucially important that we fully understand the terms of any receivership before any recommendation can be made to our members and the fanbase generally as to whether the boycott should continue or be lifted and if so, on what terms. 

As the BST article makes clear such a decision can only be properly made once we have the relevant facts and must not be taken prematurely. 

All three fans groups are committed to working together to ensure that the facts as we receive them are presented to you all with as much clarity as possible so as to ensure that together we can make the right decision for ourselves and the future of BFC. 

Over the last 4-5 years we’ve all been part of an unprecedented campaign against the Oystons' ownership of our club.  What’s important now is that when we return ( and we will ) that we do so in the same way we have boycotted – TOGETHER  

By seasider 1 week ago
This sounds extremely positive but I have learned, after 5 years, not to get my hopes up!
By Bally 1 week ago

"Over the last 4-5 years we’ve all been part of an unprecedented campaign against the Oystons' ownership of our club. What’s important now is that when we return ( and we will ) that we do so in the same way we have boycotted – TOGETHER"

Yet BST officers and committee never came out and advocated a boycott. Not until long after the membership had outed a blatent match going Oyston funder from their committee.

continues after advertisement
By navel 1 week ago
Bally: you should know better - that's just not true. The ethical boycott was discussed and agreed by BST members and officers and adopted as official Trust policy 4 years ago (and has always been a matter of individual conscience).
By seasider 1 week ago
Bally wrote:

"Over the last 4-5 years we’ve all been part of an unprecedented campaign against the Oystons' ownership of our club. What’s important now is that when we return ( and we will ) that we do so in the same way we have boycotted – TOGETHER"

Yet BST officers and committee never came out and advocated a boycott. Not until long after the membership had outed a blatent match going Oyston funder from their committee.

‍You can't hold BST to account for one person's actions. Every organisation in the world would be fucked if that was the case.

It hasn't been easy, somewhat impossible at times, but BST have always done what they can and done it with professionalism. Without them, who would Blackpool fans turn to? If nothing else, BST have helped keep the spotlight firmly on the Oyston family. I personally can't thank them enough as they do this in their free time and for the love of the club.

We are a better football club with the Trust involved. Hopefully one day, BFC can be more proactive in working with the Trust. The Fans Progress Group should be the first thing that's disbanded.
By Magic147 1 week ago
seasider wrote:

‍You can't hold BST to account for one person's actions. Every organisation in the world would be fucked if that was the case.

It hasn't been easy, somewhat impossible at times, but BST have always done what they can and done it with professionalism. Without them, who would Blackpool fans turn to? If nothing else, BST have helped keep the spotlight firmly on the Oyston family. I personally can't thank them enough as they do this in their free time and for the love of the club.

We are a better football club with the Trust involved. Hopefully one day, BFC can be more proactive in working with the Trust. The Fans Progress Group should be the first thing that's disbanded.

‍ Spot on.

By tangerinejezza 1 week ago

I’ve given up now. It’s gone on far too long. 

By Magic147 1 week ago
By Bally 1 week ago
seasider wrote:

‍and fans are still going through gates and Oystons still there.

Fuck all has changed

By Bally 1 week ago
navel wrote:Bally: you should know better - that's just not true. The ethical boycott was discussed and agreed by BST members and officers and adopted as official Trust policy 4 years ago (and has always been a matter of individual conscience).

‍it is true. The fans were boycotting  long before BST condoned it. Yet they still had the gall to claim they were at the 'forefront  of the boycott '. I called it bollocks at the time and it still is.

By tangerine77 1 week ago
He'll still be here next year
tangerine77 wrote:He'll still be here next year

The twunt will see the club dead and buried , and that will be his epitaph! 

By seasider 1 week ago
Be positive! The first sign of movement in months.
continues after advertisement
By Magic147 1 week ago
I'm having a positive movement as we speak.
Typical British public, turn on winners yet idolise losers.
By Magic147 1 week ago
This one's a winner.
By Tangerinenick 1 week ago

Never could believe the things you do to me,

Never could believe the way you are.

Every day I bless the day that you got through to me,

'Cause baby, I believe that you're a star.

Everyone's a winner, baby, that's the truth (yes, the truth)

Making love to you is such a thrill.

Everyone's a winner, baby, that's no lie (yes, no lie)

You never fail to satisfy (satisfy)

In BST I trust :)

By seasider 1 week ago
tangerine77 wrote:Typical British public, turn on winners yet idolise losers.

‍Should that have been in the Andy Murray thread?

By seasider 1 week ago

Are we getting ahead of ourselves here? Don't get me wrong, I am happy with any kind of news but we have been waiting that long, I am now an eternal pessimist.

seasider wrote:

‍Should that have been in the Andy Murray thread?

‍How the hell did that happen?

By seasider 1 week ago

Steed won't be having it that there are bugs in the system - user error ;)

PS. I can see you have re-posted 👍

f848011c83688b1be919af028ecaccd2.jpeg

Another great picture from Rob. 

By TorontoSeasider 1 week ago

I think it is bad form that Bally is allowed to tell lies about BST without anyone challenging him.

Anyone would think he wanted them to fail, the way he goes on.

Everyone's fed up of continuously been given false hope only for nothing to come of it.
By seasider 1 week ago
TorontoSeasider wrote:

I think it is bad form that Bally is allowed to tell lies about BST without anyone challenging him.

Cough - I tried to!

Welcome by the way.
By Bally 1 week ago
TorontoSeasider wrote:

‍They're not lies though. Most fans were boycotting whilst BST had a scab on their committee. That is fact.

By the way,  Oystons are still here and fans still give him money. Hardly a question of wanting them to fail
By TorontoSeasider 1 week ago

Bally

you may be believe all that, it doesn't make any of it true. In fact, you are completely detached from what is going on and always have been. It's a good job others aren't like you, imho. Whinging from the message boards doesn't get anyone very far.

By Qblock2019 1 week ago
TorontoSeasider wrote:

Bally

you may be believe all that, it doesn't make any of it true. In fact, you are completely detached from what is going on and always have been. It's a good job others aren't like you, imho. Whinging from the message boards doesn't get anyone very far.

‍What the fuck are you on about. What Bally said is 100% fact.

By seasider 1 week ago
Qblock2019 wrote:

‍What the fuck are you on about. What Bally said is 100% fact.

‍Could be wrong but presume it's about the BST committee member attending matches. 

Regardless, we should all unite and stop this bickering. If and it's big if, we get our football club back, we really do need a united front to send out a positive message to those who might not even come back once Oyston has gone. 

By Bally 1 week ago
TorontoSeasider wrote:

Bally

‍What part of what I said isn't fact? It's all true, BST denied the boycott originally because  they had a committee member  as well as ordinary members who contined to fund Oyston. This is FACT

You are deludedif you think otherwise. Just like BST are if they think some Millionaire is going to rock up, buy the club, invest his money, then let them have a say in how he runs it.  It's a football club (just), not some kind of community venture.

Get real