https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/valeri-belokon-s-application-to-appoint-court-receiver-to-recoup-25m-still-owed-by-owen-oyston-to-be-heard-in-high-court-next-month-1-9540753

Valeri Belokon’s application to have a Court Receiver appointed to recoup the £25m he is still owed by Owen Oyston is expected to be heard in the High Court next month, the Gazette can reveal.

Key points:

The High Court has confirmed to The Gazette that an application has been made to the court for a hearing, which will be heard during a three-day window between February 11 and February 13.

A Court Receiver would be brought in to discharge the assets of Owen and Karl Oyston as well as Segesta - which owns Blackpool FC, the stadium, the training ground as well as the Travelodge and Quernmore Hall.

Were a Receiver to be appointed, this would be an unprecedented move in English football and would involve a lot of uncertainty, involving the potential threat of a 12-point deduction by the EFL.

Two questions instantly spring to mind:

- Will the EFL make a statement on this prior to the court date? I suspect not as they will say they can only deal with the facts and not something that is about to go through court.

- Will Blackpool FC and the training ground be listed as an asset?
No doubt he will find the money now.

He would have to find it before February 11 and February 13 I would suspect. Once it goes through the court, I assume there is no going back.

seasider wrote:

Key points:

The High Court has confirmed to The Gazette that an application has been made to the court for a hearing, which will be heard during a three-day window between February 11 and February 13.

A Court Receiver would be brought in to discharge the assets of Owen and Karl Oyston as well as Segesta - which owns Blackpool FC, the stadium, the training ground as well as the Travelodge and Quernmore Hall.

Were a Receiver to be appointed, this would be an unprecedented move in English football and would involve a lot of uncertainty, involving the potential threat of a 12-point deduction by the EFL.

‍I thought Karl had come to an agreement with Valeri and had paid £600,000ish to no longer be any part of this?

Not got a clue on what Karl actually owns. I would presume everything is in his father's name.
Karl's only asset is a shot gun.

Still not 100% sure what it all means but hopefully it's the start of Owen's demise. 

The EFL won't be able to comment until they know the football club has gone into receivership.

It means everyone get giddy and 2 years later fuck all has happened.
At least it will make the season interesting if we get 12 points deducted. Well and truly would be in a relegation battle. Not that I want that to happen of course. Although I do if it's part of the process to remove Oyston. 
Could be interesting and set  a precedent. The issue is over two owners. Standard rules (Southampton EG) do not apply.
I don't think they'll apply it.

"It means everyone get giddy and 2 years later fuck all has happened."

Suggests you don't understand what a Receiver is.

It think it means any spirit and optimism has been broken by the snail's pace of the system and the total lack of concern by the FA.
TorontoSeasider wrote:

"It means everyone get giddy and 2 years later fuck all has happened."

Suggests you don't understand what a Receiver is.

‍I am not even going to pretend to understand  but could there be a scenario where assets are sold apart from BFC and this is given back to Oyston?

seasider wrote:

‍I am not even going to pretend to understand  but could there be a scenario where assets are sold apart from BFC and this is given back to Oyston?

I assume many are convinced a buyer is ready to bid for the club assets. What if there’s no bids? What if owing bids himself? ( he’s hell bent on killing the club and spunking all of kokos inheritance) . 

Anyone thinking this will all be done and dusted by April can only be a resident of another planet. 

seasider wrote:

‍I guess it depends if his other assets have enough value to satisfy the debt.

From PNE Online:

At what point will BST realise they are being used as Belokon's PR puppets? This is the man that promised he would never do anything to damage the club he "loves" but now he can smell those freshly laundered banknotes he's ready to send a team that in all fairness have performed miracles on the pitch in to a totally underserved relegation battle. That would be harsh on the players and true fans, but funny as fuck!
seasider wrote:

From PNE Online:

‍i honestly don’t give a fuck what the nobbers think ( tho I’m sure thinking is beyond them) . 

This has gone much further than wether Belokon gets money or not. Oystain has done irreparable damage to BFC. Phoenix club is the only way now. 

seasider wrote:

From PNE Online:

‍He smelt the bank notes two and a bit years ago, if he wanted to he could have brought receivers in and fucked the club back then.

He's doing it now because it's the only option left.

Matt Scrafton has reported that Oyston is still trying to seek a loan:

The maligned owner appears to be pursuing the route of taking a loan and financing the payments by selling his share in the Whyndyke Farm development. But would any serious lender really consider loaning money to an 85-year-old man who has no reliable source of income streams? It’s very doubtful.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/opinion-blackpool-are-entering-a-pivotal-period-of-owen-oyston-s-ownership-1-9542975

I'm pretty sure Oyston has other streams of income. I still doubt he could 'loan' his way out of the court's demand for pay back in this case.

Wiley fucker though,  so there's still a chapter or two to get through before he croaks or loses just about everything.

Hopefully as his last action he'll jump off the stadium roof.

We could have a minutes applause before each home game and hold up 1s on a piece of card.

seasider wrote:

From PNE Online:

‍It may not be the most popular opinion but Justice Marcus Smith saw that Valeri was owed the same equal share as the Oystons. The right thing to do, if you truly loved the club would be to ensure the money was repaid to club accounts, rather than insist on taking away an equal share OUT of our club.

Can't blame Belokon for not trusting Oyston. Why should Owen get a well publicised dividend but not Belokon. 

Just got to hope Belokon has a plan but that's another story...

Karlito's Way wrote:

‍It may not be the most popular opinion but Justice Marcus Smith saw that Valeri was owed the same equal share as the Oystons. The right thing to do, if you truly loved the club would be to ensure the money was repaid to club accounts, rather than insist on taking away an equal share OUT of our club.

‍The judge actually said that Belokons share in the club was equal so the Oystons should have paid the same out of the club to him as they did to themselves.

Why would any sane businessman say that’s ok, you keep all the money you took out and just use mine?

Exactly, it would only be fair if Oyston also put 35 million back into the club.
TheSteed wrote:

‍The judge actually said that Belokons share in the club was equal so the Oystons should have paid the same out of the club to him as they did to themselves.

Why would any sane businessman say that’s ok, you keep all the money you took out and just use mine?

‍You wouldn't. What I don't grasp is why the award was an additional £31m to come out of the club, rather than awarding Belokon an equal share of the Oyston's £31m?

Karlito's Way wrote:

‍You wouldn't. What I don't grasp is why the award was an additional £31m to come out of the club, rather than awarding Belokon an equal share of the Oyston's £31m?

‍ The award was made against Owen, Karl and Segesta.