Just cancelled Virgin, spoke to Sky but packages are shite, what are the alternatives?
BT. No idea how good or bad it is tho.
Sister had BT she said it was shite she has sky now 

All depends on price I guess? Surely Sky is the best if you buy the full package. Just a rip off that's all unless you can get a deal. 

I would say IPTV but want to keep it legal!

£109 for the full Sky package, wankers.

Yep, I’m handing over £158 a month for Sky in five rooms.

It’s shit.

If talking about legal only, what about:

TV Player = 3 month free trial (usually £9.99 a month) and has most of the Freeview channels, documentaries. The Sky Kids channels can be added for £2.99

Amazon Prime or Netflix for random shit.

Now TV for pay as you go football.

Freeview are bringing out an app that consolidates BBC player, ITV Player, All4 and My5.

Get something like a Firestick or Android Box. Cheap as chips but obviously more faffing about and using internet so not as good picture quality.

Can't be arsed with any of it.

Might go off grid!

Get a book instead. 
I have Virgin at the moment because of one of many new customer deals and money off through a friend referral, contract runs out in May and thinking of going back to Sky. Virgin give you fast internet speeds but the WiFi router is terrible and the phone line keeps cutting out (not that we really use a landline anyway). Definitely prefer Sky but it is a lot more expensive for what you get. Had BT a few years ago and they were by far the worst out of those three. the only solution seems to be switching back and forth every year to get the deals to actually make it a reasonable cost. I am very tempted to go down the pay for internet only and stream everything route. 
Magic147 wrote:£109 for the full Sky package, wankers.

‍I pay £70 and that includes sky broadband unlimited.

TheSteed wrote:

‍I pay £70 and that includes sky broadband unlimited.

‍That's rare though. You couldn't get everything for that price now. Maybe if didn't get Sky Fibre and got basic broadband 

Edit - Just tried to build a package on top of my 38 quid and comes to £115. £105 without movies. Shocking. 

I might ring up tomorrow. I'm basically paying 48 quid for fibre and basic Sky. With this offer, it's 37 quid, plus a tenner for HD and 5 quid for kids. 52 quid overall which is only 4 quid more.

111ea5f0eac279d64fbdb5a0544c54c2.jpg

I was paying Sky about £70 per month for everything, like Steed. Then when all the discounts had run out they put it up to £135. I rang them, cancelled and then the negotiations began. After 3 weeks and 3 long phone calls they finally came down to £80. I told them reimburse me the difference from the month they had charged me £135. They refused. I just realised that I couldn't be arsed going through all the  phone calls and bartering every year so I fucked them off

I switched broadband to EE, gone up from 20 to 70meg  for £30 per month. They also gave me an extra 5 gig for my phone. As for TV? I don't miss Sky and it cost me less than £80 to ensure that for the next 12 months

Not as good as 70 for everything but I think 52 quid for entertainment, HD, kids and Fibre is a decent offer. Really tempted to ring today. If they say no because I'm an existing customer, then will cancel Sky. 

It says offer applies to customers or join or re-contract so that should apply to me as not in a contract. 

seasider wrote:

‍That's rare though. You couldn't get everything for that price now. Maybe if didn't get Sky Fibre and got basic broadband 

Edit - Just tried to build a package on top of my 38 quid and comes to £115. £105 without movies. Shocking. 

‍I renewed my contract a month ago. I just rang them up and said I want to pay the same as I did on my last contract and they said OK.

TheSteed wrote:

‍I renewed my contract a month ago. I just rang them up and said I want to pay the same as I did on my last contract and they said OK.

‍I might try that. Now what was I paying in 1995😮

Qblock2019 wrote:

‍I might try that. Now what was I paying in 1995😮

‍That’s when you was living in Lancashire and in a house with electric not down a ferret hole!

Ha Ha
Virgin seemed to have joined Sky in launching a new radio station, judging from the shite tv adverts with that knob Chris Evans on. Just shows they're in it together to make as much money as possible, no real competition no matter how much money BT throw at it. No wonder prices are so extortionate!
Last day for that Sky offer today so going to give it a go. I pay £48 Sky + and Fibre but my Sky box isn't even plugged in. If I can get Fibre + entertainment for £37 I would be 11 quid better off and have Sky back so nothing to lose. Not decided on HD. Obviously I want it but find it hard to justify paying £10 just for HD! It should be standard.
Hero wrote:

‍That’s when you was living in Lancashire and in a house with electric not down a ferret hole!

‍Very good

Trialling an IPTV app as we speak.
Magic147 wrote:Trialling an IPTV app as we speak.

‍Which one. Shame no PM system yet. I've done a few.

seasider wrote:

‍Which one. Shame no PM system yet. I've done a few.

‍ Through a Blackpool fan on Twitter.

Just on phone to Sky now. £47 for Fibre, Sky Q, Entertainment, HD and Kids.

I know people do better than that but I don't think that's too bad considering paying £48 now just for fibre.
Magic147 wrote:

‍ Through a Blackpool fan on Twitter.

‍IPTV is great. Would still keep this for movies and sport.

seasider wrote:

‍IPTV is great. Would still keep this for movies and sport.

‍£80 for the year. Tempted to just get that and broadband for £30 a month.

Majority are unreliable. To the point where I have two providers with one as back up. I haven't got a tv aerial in lounge so been using it for even Freeview TV. Need something a bit more reliable for normal tv.
Magic147 wrote:

‍£80 for the year. Tempted to just get that and broadband for £30 a month.

‍You'll save a fortune and get all the games, even 3 o'clocks and ppv's.