Didn't realise it was this bad. Never seem so many smashed cars. 

Surely the council or whoever have a lot to answer for? Was there any salt spreading? 

I was sat in it for 3hrs, I was about 400 yards back. I hope everyone is ok but it didn’t look good. 3 or 4 ambulances, 2 fire engines, 6 or 7 police cars and one air ambulance.

If I hadn’t bought a pie from the Shell garage I would probably have been in it.

Pies saved my life today.

Never seen anything like it. Were the fritters not out?
What the fuck are fritters?

Predictive text. Gritters!

I don’t think the conditions were the problem.
Should have had the fritters out.

Fritters save lives! 

They will have frittered that junction, as there’s a fritter depot right opposite the pub. 

Surely if the fritters had been out, the M55 wouldn't have resembled Destruction Derby?
seasider wrote:Surely if the fritters had been out, the M55 wouldn't have resembled Destruction Derby?

Even if a road has been frittered, proving like a pillock won’t help. 

Chances are this started with a driver error. 

——————————————————-

Eyewitnesses reported seeing ‘cars everywhere’ and that a flash hailstorm had made driving conditions treacherous. The road remained closed between junction 3 and junction 4, near Wesham until 9pm when police said they had finished their investigations at the scene. A spokesman for the North West Motorway Police said: "We are appealing for witnesses or dashcam footage following multiple collisions on the M55 which has left a female with serious injuries. 

Read more at: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/transport/witness-appeal-after-woman-seriously-injured-in-m55-crash-1-9567049

If you watch the Facebook video, that's a lot of driver errors. They all look like separate crashes.
seasider wrote:If you watch the Facebook video, that's a lot of driver errors. They all look like separate crashes.

Not driving to the conditions is driver error. 

Flash hailstorm, someone slams on the breaks, skids,causing everyone else to slam on. Then others having a good look while breaking. 

By an amazing coincidence it has been confirmed that every car that crashed had a women driver.

Make of that what you will.

Tangerinenick wrote:

By an amazing coincidence it has been confirmed that every car that crashed had a women driver.

‍😂

Tangerinenick wrote:

Please tell me this is true.

Can't be!
Tangerinenick wrote:

‍On their way to footy training

seasider wrote:Can't be!

‍must be, I can’t think of another other logical explanation.

Women drivers = Uber crash.