Obviously the star in one of Blackpool's greatest ever matches. RIP

af846666e6512db8073c00033ca8b60d.jpg

The hero of the greatest match day experience of my life. RIP.
Sad news. RIP Seaside Legend šŸ˜¢

RIP Fred

It must of been fantastic to be a Blackpool fan on Deepdale that day

RIP Fred šŸ˜¢

RIP Fred . šŸ˜¢
RIP Fred :(
RIP - proper legend.

Most expensive player at one time.Ā  Ā£85,000 in 1964.

A great goalscorer wherever he played

RIP Fred

I myself was there that night and the memory of Fred's hatrick the 25 thousand seasiders will live with me forever.

RIP big man.

To the Beverley Hillbillies tune . .

Come listen to a storey 'bout a man named Fred
He scored ten goals with his feet and his head
They said Blackpool is the place you ought to be
So he left Birmingham and moved beside the sea
Pickering. . . that big Fred.

God knows why I can remember that 40 years on

R.I.P.

I wasn't born until 1971, so if I could travel back in time and watch any game, it would be that night at dumpdale. I'd rather see that game than the 53 cup final or 66 world cup win. It must have been an incredible experience.

Just at my Dad's house and he said he was 13 at the time and there must have been around 25,000 Blackpool fans there. His best game ever.Ā 

I was there as a toddler - probably my first away game. Euphoric atmosphere.

RIP Fred

RIP, Fred.Ā 

Forever in our heartsĀ 

RIP

Before my time,must of been a great time to be there.

coinslot wrote:

R.I.P.

I wasn't born until 1971, so if I could travel back in time and watch any game, it would be that night at dumpdale. I'd rather see that game than the 53 cup final or 66 world cup win. It must have been an incredible experience.

Sums it up well for me. My Dad goes on about that much, I would like to have experienced it.Ā 

RIP.Ā  FP.

IĀ  can remember that match, the astonishing atmosphere, the huge number of Pool fans...................... however I can't agree with coinslot the 53 final was something else, havingĀ  listened to our defeatĀ  on the radio in 48 against United at Wembley having led at half time, then being told by my dad that we would win in 51 against Newcastle and being there to watch the defeat and now in 53 about to lose the third cup final against Bolton when suddenly we were level and amazingly Perry put the ball in the net for the winner in the last seconds of the match, no that can't beĀ  beaten.

whitstabletangerine wrote:

RIP.Ā  FP.

IĀ  can remember that match, the astonishing atmosphere, the huge number of Pool fans...................... however I can't agree with coinslot the 53 final was something else, havingĀ  listened to our defeatĀ  on the radio in 48 against United at Wembley having led at half time, then being told by my dad that we would win in 51 against Newcastle and being there to watch the defeat and now in 53 about to lose the third cup final against Bolton when suddenly we were level and amazingly Perry put the ball in the net for the winner in the last seconds of the match, no that can't beĀ  beaten.

You are probably right Whits. Can never disregard winning an actual trophy and the manner of it. It's probably a generation thing where the thought of sending Preston down as well as winning promotion is what dreams are made it. You can't beat winning the FA Cup though.

I would have liked to been at Forest away. I imagine that was the closest fans younger than me got to the PNE away feeling. I suppose Cardiff at Wembley is the closest to the 53 final.Ā 

Whits being at all of them is extraordinary. That 'club' must be a very small group, maybe one.

Forest fans played a big part in how Pool fans remember that game. I just remember the entire ground expecting to win, the atmosphere was similar to that that you see in Turkey or Greece and the whole situation just made it sweeter to win. Also the manner in how we won added to that too and the fact that it was under floodlights.

All in all, it was the perfect away game.

I lived in Portugal at the time and regret not going to Forest match. Missed the Hoolahan pen at Deepdale as well. Just typical I lived away during our best few seasons! Flew back for the Cardiff match though so that's some consolation.

My Dad is always tells me that Forest fans were loud that night.