Legend

Love this shot of one of the greatest stops ever... 

18bab7d8dafccf9b26397257e8542e96.jpg

RIP, quite remarkable how he got his fingers to Pele's effort.
RIP one of the greatest keepers we've ever had 
RIP Gordon. True legend.
RIP
RIP 
R.I.P Gordon 

Rip.

With all the money that is in football more should be done for the older generations and especially those that gave us our greatest memories. It always hurts me to think the World Cup winners had to sell their medals just to live their lives.

Fucking heartbreaking.

Is that the old away stand at Filbert street?
Hero wrote:Is that the old away stand at Filbert street?
No. The away stand at Filbert Street was behind the goal under some seats.
Qblock2019 wrote:No. The away stand at Filbert Street was behind the goal under some seats.
They’ve put away fans behind the goal and down the side.
I t looks like it Hero, I can remember being down the side of the pitch at Filbert street. 
Hero wrote:They’ve put away fans behind the goal and down the side.
They did when it became all seater. In the good old days of terraces it was always behind the goal.
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:
Same gloves I wear when filling a skip.

RIP. 

Another legend of the game departs 😢

Dare I say this but I used to go to Filbert street a lot as a kid (Dad followed Leicester) and only remember the away fans on the side. The stand behind the goal was all Leicester. 

I could be wrong though as was only a kid and memories fading!

6 scarves.
seasider wrote:

Dare I say this but I used to go to Filbert street a lot as a kid (Dad followed Leicester) and only remember the away fans on the side. The stand behind the goal was all Leicester. 

I could be wrong though as was only a kid and memories fading!

Well that's changed. You said you only supported them at University. 

Seasider six scarves.

More clubs than Tiger Woods
tangerine77 wrote:

Well that's changed. You said you only supported them at University. 

Seasider six scarves.

Well a bit before then. Even University memories are fading now! Always supported Blackpool as first team!
Some great tributes coming from great players and one from the German fa. 
Always my hero as a former GK. Was on Kopp at Anfield [I got around in my young days] the day before he had the accident when he lost his eye. The following season when Stoke came back to Anfield Shankly took Banks on a walk around the ground , I do not think I have heard a louder and better reception for one player, and I can say that there was quite a bit of emotion.   A true football legend