Prob Tricky Trev although I adored Steve Banks.
The first player that I stood out of me was probably Andy Garner. Mainly because of the chant - oo Andy Garner
Stanley Matthews.
Watch the youngsters come along and say Charlie Adam.
It was more ooooooooohh
George Wood, That i saw play.But Sir Stanley Matthews is my favorite player. Also liked Billy Ronson and David Tong.
bpoolkev1966 wrote:George Wood, That i saw play.But Sir Stanley Matthews is my favorite player. Also liked Billy Ronson and David Tong.

Iam sure George Wood came back early 90's, must have been in his 40's.

Yes he did. Think he was on the bench when we lost to Torquay in the Play-off final. 
That was the start of my life as a seasider
Alan Suddick and Mickey Walsh were my first. 
I think Tony Green was the first, Suddick was brilliant, but I wanted to be Tony Green.

Eamonn O’Keefe. 

Class. 

Think got to give a special member to Dave Bamber. He was a goal machine. David Eyres as well was quality on the wing.

Not so much idol but one of my earliest memories was being confused as to why the fans booed Andy Gouck. I was only young but felt sorry for him!

James Quinn was mine.

seasider wrote:

Think got to give a special member to Dave Bamber. He was a goal machine. David Eyres as well was quality on the wing.

Not so much idol but one of my earliest memories was being confused as to why the fans booed Andy Gouck. I was only young but felt sorry for him!
Because he was shite😂
Hero wrote:

James Quinn was mine.

Quinny Quinny. I'm sure he was booed at times? Could be dreaming that. 
Qblock2019 wrote:Because he was shite😂
Felt harsh! My mate loved him in a piss taking way. 
Hero wrote:

James Quinn was mine.

I love the way the rebel ripped his collar off.

The greatest of them all. 

Little Curly Alan Ball

of course

George Wood hell of a keeper +Alan Suddick and Mickey Walsh.(Billey Bentley,hatchet man) 😄

First game I saw was a defeat to Chelsea. 

Alan Ball for us,  I think Tambling for them. 

Even though I was overawed by my new " heroes"(forever grateful for Fred's hat-trick a couple of years later), I was still in short pants,  so wasn't until the adolescent addiction took hold with Green,  Suddick,  Burns,  Hutchinson,  Budgie,  Geooooooorgie Wood,  Billy Bentley,  Dave and Bob Hatton, that I became infatuated. 

So many others who played a part in victories against the nobbers deserve a mention.

Think I'd have to include Bob Stokoe and Billy Ayre as my two managers of note.

Wow, forgot about Bob Hatton 👍
Ray Charnley for me.
Then there are Kornilenko and Zenjov
It certainly wasn't my first idol but liked Marvin Bryan or maybe it was just the song..

Always fancied myself as a keeper so idolised Phil barnes plus my sister's had a mad crush on him 

I believe he's still playing think he plays for Matlock town 

Jimmy Armfield for everything he stood for...