Leicester City have "parted company" with manager Claude Puel.

City lost 4-1 at home to Crystal Palace on Saturday in what proved to be Puel's final game after 16 months in charge.

Puel, 57, leaves the club 12th in the Premier League having lost five of their last six league games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43942584

Definitely a poor run, but what are they expecting? 12th would be a perfectly decent finish for them.
Magic147 wrote:Definitely a poor run, but what are they expecting? 
Consistent back to back Premier League Champions.
Sky Sports are talking about Rodgers and Benitez.
TheSteed wrote:Consistent back to back Premier League Champions.
Realists.
I think it might have come too soon for Brenda. He is nigh on guaranteed another trophy by the end of the season at Celtic and will Leicester be prepared to wait until summer for him? 
I don't think too many managers will want the job. High expectations for what is an average Premier League Club. 
Rodgers did his standard wording around the question for ages without actually denying he's interested in the job today so he wont say no
seanmacca100 wrote:Rodgers did his standard wording around the question for ages without actually denying he's interested in the job today so he wont say no
Is he still shiny? I feel like I might need to prepare myself if he's about to be on MOTD every week.

They should give Dyche a go. Can't see Benitez or Rodgers leaving a bigger club for a smaller one. 

Dyche plays the worst football ever, I am sure they would love that.
tangerine77 wrote:Dyche plays the worst football ever, I am sure they would love that.
Well he doesn't really have a choice with Burnley does he. Eddie Howe plays decent football but failed at Burnley. I get your point though - Dyche only knows one way so would be a big risk for Leicester.
Scottish media reporting Brendan has gone and Lennon will takeover Celtic until end of season 
I'd be shocked if Brendan left Celtic for Leicester. I just don't know what more Rodgers could do than what Puel did.

Confirmed. Wow.

I’m not shocked he’s gone he’s had tough relations with the board for a long time now, im shocked he didn’t wait until the summer though, potentially Leicester flat out refused 

Maybe he thought Leicester was the best he could get in the Premier League. Just seems like a tough job for him at Leicester as what can you do with them? Their fans expect a lot these days because they won the league and finish in that top 8 will take some doing.

Lennon will be a safe appointment for Celtic. Knows the club inside out.
So he finally leaves the biggest pub team in the world.
Bigger club than Leicester! Not financially though which seems to the problem.
seasider wrote:

Maybe he thought Leicester was the best he could get in the Premier League. Just seems like a tough job for him at Leicester as what can you do with them? Their fans expect a lot these days because they won the league and finish in that top 8 will take some doing.

Lennon will be a safe appointment for Celtic. Knows the club inside out.
I actually think Leicester job is better than the other (potentially) available Premier League job, Chelsea.
It's a decent club and have everything in place - big club, nice stadium, good owners and good youth system so in that aspect I agree. I just wonder what the expectations are.