From what I have seen, the stand out players are:

- Spearing (not a pretty player but effective)

- Thompson (Very skillful player)

- Gnanduillet (Handful upfront)

- Tilt (He has never stood out for me but he must be good if other teams are interested)

Anyone want to put a case forward for any other players?

I would just add Kirby, although only seen him play the one time and on loan from I believe it to be Palace.

In fact I  was rather surprised he didn't start last match.

Having the Fonz in the squad gives the manage options, when he has a good game he can be a decent addition to the team.

Heneghan when I have seen him has played well,  Dodo likewise.

I'm gonna go as far and say Howard the keeper, what is it about 14 clean sheets this season 
Heard Kornilenko and Zenjov are terrorising defences 
Roman Bednar.
Turton was the standout for me watching recently, can play plenty of positions and just generally saunters through games as does Spearing and Bola. Mark Howard obviously a superb keeper
I like Bola. A bit awkward but gets forward well. Managers seem to like Turton but haven't seen enough to have an opinion.
Going to the ticket office I saw six players. And for the first time for as long as I can remember, I couldn’t name one. 
Spearing is a league above.Guy is also good but drifts out of games a bit. Thompson is very good and one for the future. The  overall spine of this team is actually very decent.
Guy again is another one who didn't stand out and has been in and out of the team so will reserve judgement on his. Feeney doesn't seem to offer much but every player deserves to be judged after more than one game!

Spearing would be the one with obvious quality but I have a slightly controversial opinion that Blackpool are a better side without him. The last home match was a good example. He played the deep-lying playmaker role and had a ton of the ball and kept it moving but it meant that the opposition were always playing in front of themselves. 

When he was injured Blackpool were much more direct and were making great use of big diagonals from front to back. Gnanduillet is a weapon in the air provided there is someone to win the knock downs.

Tilt is a very talented defender. He is confident and comfortable with the ball at his feet. Happy to stride out of defence to break the first lines and more than capable of winning aerial duels against most of the strikers in this league. The question  mark with him is fitness. He always seems to be carrying something and is gasping for water throughout the games. On a different note he could well be the nicest bloke in the squad. He was brill with my lad at the Christmas party and always has a little chat with him during the warm up.

Thompson has a bit of guile and trickery but not a lot of end product. Excels at winning free kicks by going down with very little (if any) contact.

Pritchard is the polar opposite of Thompson. Entirely unglamorous but delivers.

Tilt supposedly had a nightmare at Bristol but then again so did everyone. Will be able to comment more on this thread after tonight!
seasider wrote:Tilt supposedly had a nightmare at Bristol but then again so did everyone. Will be able to comment more on this thread after tonight!
He did, Seasider. Bloke sat to my right wasn't impressed with Tilt, Turton, Howard, Gnanduillet at all. Pretty much dismissed the entire team as "bloody useless". 

I beg to differ when I have seen them this season (only on four occasions)  they have played really well perhaps not so much the opening game of the season at Wycombe but I haven't seen them lose and would have given them a good chance for a play off place. 

Teams do go through the odd bad spell, sometimes an injury or two can upset the balance of the team performance so a few poor results particularly at this present time with all that is happening at the club could be expected.

I know many fans will think now that Oyston has departed it should all be fine but changes can cause an upset, be patient.

whitstabletangerine wrote:

I beg to differ when I have seen them this season (only on four occasions)  they have played really well perhaps not so much the opening game of the season at Wycombe but I haven't seen them lose and would have given them a good chance for a play off place. 

Teams do go through the odd bad spell, sometimes an injury or two can upset the balance of the team performance so a few poor results particularly at this present time with all that is happening at the club could be expected.

I know many fans will think now that Oyston has departed it should all be fine but changes can cause an upset, be patient.

I've seen them 3/4 times, Whits. The Rovers game was the one bad one, tbf. 

Somebody said, might be in the match thread, might have been at the game, that if Tilt has a bad game, so does the rest of the team. 

Glad you're back posting btw, Tony. Hope you're improving by the day 🙂

Well lets hope you enjoy the next one you attend Potty, I still reckon they are a half decent side in this league, just hope we don't get shafted with the 12 points from the EFL.

Are you going up to Blackpool before the end of season? and hope you are keeping well also.

whitstabletangerine wrote:

Well lets hope you enjoy the next one you attend Potty, I still reckon they are a half decent side in this league, just hope we don't get shafted with the 12 points from the EFL.

Are you going up to Blackpool before the end of season? and hope you are keeping well also.

So do I! They've not done bad really, Tony. In an ideal world, we shouldn't get a 12 point deduction. That court findings and decisions have proved that what we've said for too long is true and that the EFL have failed us, amongst other clubs, should play a massive part.

I am, yes 🙂 hoping to go to the Barnsley game. It's great that oo etc have been removed from the club but I will not attend any home game until there are no oystons involved in any way, shape or form. And when that day happens, I'll have tissues with me, because I will cry 🙂

I'm doing ok, thank you. Loving and living my life, enjoying working! 

Feeney was much better last night. Not sure I would class him yet as one of our better players but much improved performance. We need to sort out that midfield against Southend. Surprised Kirby didn't feature last night, we looked weak in midfield until TM made the subs.
Does anyone want to throw any more names into the hat or disagree with those mentioned already?

As was pointed out to me when I saw them for the first time on Saturday, you get what you pay for and the club hasn't shelled out a lot. 

Thought Spearing was the one through whom everything appears to be channelled,  although don't think he had one of his better games. 

I like Fonz,  coz he's always responded to our fans and will run his heart out,  even though the final ball is often wayward. 

Despite conceding 2 from dead -balls,  thought Henegan mopped things up well. 

Tilt wasn't at his best,  either,  though there's obvious potential there.

Never been a fan of Feeney,  but he worked hard and created both goals. 

Pritchard is highly -rated,  but was inconspicuous for the most part. 

Armand is a handful and wins a lot in the air,  but lacks finesse on the ground. 

Liked Daniels when he was last with us and reserving judgement on Turton. 

Realise I've missed a few,  but don't know them all,  sorry. 

The overriding impression I had was that we've several  decent LEAGUE  1 players and that's about it. 

Frustrating that no-one appeared to come and get the ball (including a rather hesitant keeper who didn't command his box,  but,  admittedly,  kept us in it late on).  

There was often little support for the man in possession and we didn't create a great deal. .

I'd rather take any deduction now and hope we've got enough ability to escape the drop, although,  looking at forthcoming fixtures,  I'm hoping we get a suspended penalty.

Back to reality, he? 

We've been used to watching shite for years and I've missed going home on Saturdays in a bad mood.

Just my opinion but they seemed very much "journeymen" players - that's not to say they were bad but just not the best!!
I appear to be a lone voice here but I thought Armband was poor - couldn't control fook all - ok in the air but useless at his feet - maybe he was trying to hard but I missed it if he was
Spearing stood out hence his MOTM but the rest didn't impress that much
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on them and the occasion got to them but who cares though - it's just nice to watch some live footie :)

I'll worry about it next year when we've got new owners and they've splashed the cash on decent players (I can but dream)

There were some 'fans' in front of us giving Armand shit all game saying what a useless lump he was. What do these fans expect? Armand has been excellent this season. He was poor on Saturday but then again, he scored a great goal.

Thought Virtue looked a tidy player and had some extra quality than the others. Shame he isn't our player. We have decent ball players. Thompson has quality but isn't fancied at present. Nya Kirby comes with pedigree but again is being overlooked. Very difficult to know our best team at present.

Thought Virtue is ours joined on a free in January from Lpool

Signed same time as that useless lump Evans onloan from everton

I thought Armband was decent, one of the stand out players for me.

Is Armband the Pinaple head?

If so, I thought he was OK. 

Lincolnshireseasider91 wrote:

Don't know much about these two we've acquired from Merseyside 

I've been informed that Evans is not up to scratch, but there's hope for Virtue (Thick????????)

Leesthedaddy wrote:

Is Armband the Pinaple head?

Racist.
Lincolnshireseasider91 wrote:

Maybe Virtue is ours. Wasn't sure. 

Ha Ha. 

My eyes ain’t so good but I could always distinguish the the dark lad with the funny hair from the others. 

seasider wrote:
Maybe Virtue is ours. Wasn't sure. 

He is. 2 1/2 year contract signed in January.