Post Match 

- Excellent game, end to end both sides having chances, thunderous tackling, aggressive nature, great atmosphere created by both sets of supporters (never heard Blackpool fans actually sing before, it's usually us making all the noise!). 

- Great game tonight in a great atmosphere unfortunately spoilt by some idiots throwing things on the pitch including a bottle thrown at Emitov which with his response in throwing the bottle out of the playing area results in a red card disgrace with 11 players still on think we could have had a great chance of a point.

- Well, that turned into the equivalent of a home game for Blackpool! Disgusted that after all that was done for them with regard to ticketing they repaid us by launching god knows how many flares onto the pitch & in the stands, which will probably cost us dearly in fines. Lord knows what the policing must have cost but I hope they're paying their fair share of it?

- Team was great today, feeling gutted for them- deserved something for their efforts.

- Goals win matches and unfortunately if you start your best attackers on the bench they’re hard to come by. Poor team management. Wouldn’t be surprised if certain players are upset about tonight’s team selection!

- Shouldn't be a red card like refs got to use his head a bit there and have a word and stewards sort out the fans.

- Shocking sick of the poor referees how can the accept the poor referees this ref was very poor at Bradford was worse tonight. Poor sam Finley n dan barlaser should not have been on the losing side Blackpool a dirty cheating poor side .

- Dive not a penalty

It was a stone wall pen, I had a perfect view. If anything the ref gave them everythin all night.
tangerine77 wrote:It was a stone wall pen, I had a perfect view. If anything the ref gave them everythin all night.

He gave us nothing all night and then switched with about 20 minutes to go. Thompson is brilliant at drawing fouls and making them look worse than they are. Once he got flattered a few times it seemed to make him change.

The treatment Gnanduillet got from their centre half the whole game without a single foul going his way was ridiculous.

He also guessed at decisions a few times. There were a couple of decisions in the second half where he wasn't even looking at the incident and just gave a foul because a player was on the floor.

His attempts to play advantage after fouls were inconsistent and sometimes unfair.

Overall a very poor ref. Unfortunately par for the course in this division.

It must be shit supporting a club like Accy knowing they can never amount to anything.
Bit like Fleetwood
Fleetwood have even less going for them.
Hero wrote:It must be shit supporting a club like Accy knowing they can never amount to anything.
Kinda like rooting for Blackpool then.

No disrespect but best case scenario they reach Premiership...and then what? West Ham also firmly in this boat to be fair.

KoreanHammer wrote:Kinda like rooting for Blackpool then.

No disrespect but best case scenario they reach Premiership...and then what? West Ham also firmly in this boat to be fair.

Wolves are a good example of what can be achieved with investment, with a little more who knows. Blackpool could well have been in the same position had not been for the selfish, greedy Oystons.
Well West Ham fans can aspire to become human one day.
EagleDay wrote:Wolves are a good example of what can be achieved with investment, with a little more who knows. Blackpool could well have been in the same position had not been for the selfish, greedy Oystons.
Wolves are a much bigger club than us. Bournemouth would be a better example.
We’re far bigger than Bournemouth.
We are closer to Bournemouth than Wolves. 

Yes definitely but Wolves are a massive club. I’d put wolves in a bracket of teams like Leeds, Sunderland, **Chelsea...

** Go on, I dare someone to say Chelsea are a big club.

So  by what definition do you class a big club !

1/Stadium capacity

2/ match day gate 

3/ or ?

Course Chelsea a big club. Their recent success has made them one. You can't ignore recent success and just say past success is the only thing that matters. If that's the case, Preston are a huge club with their double winners way back when football first began.
Devon-Pool wrote:

So  by what definition do you class a big club !

1/Stadium capacity

2/ match day gate 

3/ or ?

Less than 20 years ago they were getting 7k at home games. The are a similar size club to Blackburn but with far better recent history and greater spending power. The fans will fuck off when the money dries up and they will go back to a mid sized club!

Also the fact they won the same amount as clubs like Sunderland speaks volumes.

seasider wrote:Course Chelsea a big club. Their recent success has made them one. You can't ignore recent success and just say past success is the only thing that matters. If that's the case, Preston are a huge club with their double winners way back when football first began.
You’re wrong pal.

How is this not classified as a big club?

Chelsea have won five top flight English League titles, seven FA Cups, five League Cups and four FA Community Shields. In Europe, the club has won one UEFA Champions League, two UEFA Cup Winners' Cups, one UEFA Europa League and one UEFA Super Cup

Atttendances around the 40k mark. Apart from the 80's and early 90's, they have always had big crowds.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/chls.htm

Doesn’t matter how you dress it up Chelsea are not a big club. They have a limited fan base, no past success and are surrounded by far bigger clubs.

I agree about the fan base compared to United, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, etc but they still sell out everywhere they go. Crowds play a big part but not the deciding factor.

Would you say Plymouth or Luton are bigger than us? They get bigger crowds than us now but haven't got our history.
seasider wrote:

I agree about the fan base compared to United, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, etc but they still sell out everywhere they go. Crowds play a big part but not the deciding factor.

Would you say Plymouth or Luton are bigger than us? They get bigger crowds than us now but haven't got our history.

We are bigger than both those two. Plymouth get inflated crowds because they have no other football teams around them. Luton are in a big town on the edge of London and have enjoyed recent success.

Blackpool will now hold a steady 9.5k gates and will build a progressive club. I don’t think either of this two will have realistic dreams of the premier league.... we will.

A steady 9.5k? Very optimistic in League One. I hope you're right.
seasider wrote:A steady 9.5k? Very optimistic in League One. I hope you're right.
We won’t be in league 1 for long, two seasons max.
All depends on the new owners I guess. Lots of investment needed both on and off the pitch for that happen.

There’s not a cat In hells chance we’ll have a steady 9.5k . Crowds will settle back to what they were pre prem . 

8k max! 

Some very optimistic figures here. I suppose it all depends what happens on the pitch.

EagleDay wrote:

Some very optimistic figures here. I suppose it all depends what happens on the pitch.

Definitely! A good run of wins will definitely see crowds increase, but as yet we don’t have an owner with any sort of budget. 

I am expecting crowds to dwindle back to 5k which was pretty normal in this division. My thinking is that aim low and then won't be disappointed. Secretly I am hoping for around 7k.

Our attendance will definitely be around 8.5 and 9.5k.

In this division our attendances were around 6.5k in a ground that only had two side and one of the worst managers we’ve ever had.