It’s heavy rain all day. Will the pitch be playable tonight? 
Promised Harry I'd pick up tickets today as I'm down that way. But given the weather I don't think I'll bother. Strong gales later tonight

Just went to drop off Son at nursery and puddles everywhere. Not sure if the covers have been on but going to be wet. Storm Gareth will be in it's peak during kick off.

looking at the wind it wouldn't surprise me if health and safety caused it to be off. 

The strength, with gusts, could knock you off your feet. 

Strong winds will kill the game as a spectacle.
Halifax71 wrote:

looking at the wind it wouldn't surprise me if health and safety caused it to be off. 

The strength, with gusts, could knock you off your feet. 

Good to see you on here Halifax. 60mph winds is pretty severe so you could be right.

Tower_Power wrote:Strong winds will kill the game as a spectacle.

That along with the pitch... 😀

Hi Halifax 71 - presume you live in Halifax, Im in Elland and am there tonight subject to pitch being playable.  Trouble is the wind will not arrive until just before kick off so we might well have travelled in vain if it is called off for being too windy.  Catch 22!!!
I would like to think they would make an announcement before the away fans set off which in your case would be the same. The winds are pretty strong around 4 so plenty of time to make a decision. They know it's coming so I doubt they will need to wait until kick off.

Called off because of wind, sort Yorkshire cunts.

Not in Lancashire it won’t.

Riley, no I'm local. Username is 're my first game in 81. 

Long time reader on here but only usually post on avftt. 👍

Hero wrote:

Called off because of wind, sort Yorkshire cunts.

Not in Lancashire it won’t.

Sun is out at moment, but windy as fk. 
It could of course commence but get abandoned at some point in the match, which is the more likely scenario, however i hope not for all those attending, shame about the weather because  a  very entertaining match could be on the cards with all to play for.
Rileyman wrote:Hi Halifax 71 - presume you live in Halifax
He'd better not have moved there I'm givng him a lift to the game tonight!!!!
Halifax detour
Just got my car back from its MOT in the nick of time.
Only an hour out of the way!!!!
Are you still driving that little tarts car?
tangerine77 wrote:Just got my car back from its MOT in the nick of time.
Whats a tarts car look like?
Stayed dry and not too windy inside the ground. 
One of my fence panels in the middle of the lawn. Neighbours' dogs came to the window so knew straightaway. Painful.