https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-ian-holloway-talks-blackpool-boycotts-fans-owners-and-more/

Sounds like he'd make a top mushroom.

It was also about principles Mr Holloway.

Maybe that word isn't in your dictionary🙄

At least he is consistent with what he says. He just takes a very simplistic approach which tells me he doesn't quite appreciate the hatred towards Oyston. 

The men in Orange, do reporters not do any research?

I really dislike, whether he's right or not, that he plays down what the supporters actually achieved.

It's almost like a smugness of, "look what you missed out on when Val would have sorted it anyway".  It pissed me off I couldn't take my kid to Wembley to a playoff final but it was the right thing to do, but what I don't need is anybody saying, 'you should have just gone'.

Rant over lol

In a way I admire him for saying what he believes even though he must know that it's unpopular. He must know surely.

It's a shame he is pissing Pool fans off as he should be remember fondly.

Another Oyston loving cunt playing down the efforts of the fans. Something  must have happened to make him so bitter towards the  the thousands of fans that once idolised him

One sure fire method of not getting asked to come back. 

He really should stay quiet on the subject if he thinks oystain was right. 

I have always defended Holloway's right to an opinion but the more he says he, the harder it is to defend.

Same.

He's wrong, simple as that.

He has something in common with Oyston, they both got lucky at Blackpool.
whitstabletangerine wrote:He has something in common with Oyston, they both got lucky at Blackpool.
Perfect summary.

Alternate reality.

The supporters keep supporting the club like Holloway suggested.  Oyston continues to pull the same moves by taking money out of the club. The club does not get relegated from Championship ever or, even worse, sneaks into the top flight.  Oyston then has more money, which could have made Belokon's lawsuit a footnote instead of a game changer.  

Belokon may have delivered the final blow, but the difference between having 4,000 viewers in league one/ two vs 10,000 up  set the lawsuit up to be the final blow. 

It is almost like Holloway refuses to understand how money works, but he thinks the club performance would have been better with more supporters. I guess he assumes that Oyston just would have stripped everything out of the club. That also ignores that Oyston could have hit it big with an investment outside the club due to having more money available. 

I'm trying to get into the head of Ollie. I can only think of these two reasons why he might be against the boycott:

- He likes Oyston which he has openly admitted to be fair. 

- As a manager, he looks at it from a player's perspective and obviously it's not ideal for them. 

It's all about his sell on %.

It's well documented that he made money on player transfers.

He can fuck off for me now, great years but this is a new dawn for the club.

Magic147 wrote:

He can fuck off for me now, great years but this is a new dawn for the club.

Same. 

He can fuck off now. The fans make a club not the owner or free players. 

What did oystain see him do? Their bromance is pitiful. 

Ian "look at me" Holloway fuck off you Oyston loving cunt. 
seasider wrote:

I'm trying to get into the head of Ollie. I can only think of these two reasons why he might be against the boycott:

- He likes Oyston which he has openly admitted to be fair. 

- As a manager, he looks at it from a player's perspective and obviously it's not ideal for them. 

I am not having a go at you Seasider. Just rebutting your points. I know where you stand on this. 

On point 1.  He can like a Oyston all he wants.  If it was me though, I would still be able to call a wrong a wrong. Of course, Holloway has never said Oyston was not wrong. He just seems to excuse it by the "everyone is doing it" rationale. It is quite pathetic in my eyes.

On point 2. He may view it from the players perspective, but he also being  pretty ignorant to the supporters point of view. He seems to think supporters should just throw away their money and just be happy to support the club no matter what. That point of view speaks to a man of privilege who has had the fortune to earn a living around the game he loves. 

Regardless of what he says, it's just impossible to ignore what he did for the club. It does leave a bitter taste but in a few years time when you think of Holloway, you will still think of bright sunny days at Wembley.
seasider wrote:Regardless of what he says, it's just impossible to ignore what he did for the club. It does leave a bitter taste but in a few years time when you think of Holloway, you will still think of bright sunny days at Wembley.
Only if he decides to shut up now. There’s been a lot of dark days since that day at Wembley. Lives ruined and lost family time that can never be relived. And by backing the originator of those dark times will not gain him any new friends. 
It’s sad to say but some fans will remember his comments far longer than his achievements.

seasider wrote:

"I'm trying to get into the head of Ollie. I can only think of these two reasons why he might be against the boycott:"

The trouble is there isn't much inside Ollie's head. He's always been a simple sole.

There's something fishy going on.
Ha Ha. 

Here’s a sand Sole. 

I thought it was an appropriate Sole as we are SandGrownUns.