Anyone know what's happening with this? I had got it into my head that March 26th was the deadline for a deduction to take place this season. Anything after this date would mean a points deduction next season.

I could be wrong.
They were given a few weeks to prove the club could stay afloat.
So realistically a points deduction is not going to happen this season or have I plucked that date from thin air?
I don't know, depends whether the deadline was for the meeting to occur, or for the actual deduction I suppose.
Never going to happen, the efl have said as much. 
TheSteed wrote:I don't know, depends whether the deadline was for the meeting to occur, or for the actual deduction I suppose.
I seem to recall the 26th March being mention too, a few days after my birthday that's why it stuck.
Magic147 wrote:Never going to happen, the efl have said as much. 
Please could you provide the relevant quote?
We will find out either today or tomorrow. 

Check out the replies in that tweet. Fair to say the football community is against the docking of 12 points. 

Matt Scrafton understands that the deduction, if applied, will take place this season. 

The club have already responded. 

Club response to EFL statement: "The club remains confident that the financial information and projections submitted to the EFL show that the club is self-sufficient. The club now awaits the decision of the EFL board and is hopeful of a positive conclusion to the matter."

Probably waiting to see if we are 11 points of relegation or in the play-offs before they decide to deduct the 12 points 
Really don't understand why they have to discuss club issues at scheduled meetings. Why can't they arrange an urgent meeting like any other business?
seasider wrote:Really don't understand why they have to discuss club issues at scheduled meetings. Why can't they arrange an urgent meeting like any other business?
Because ( in the words of the great poster that is Bally) they’re cunts
The EFL have a meeting on Thursday to discuss the points deduction. Perhaps we can be given some priority now over the EFL award nights and team of the season.

I still think they’ll give us the points deduction. Just blame it on their rules. 

Show them for the joke they are.

If that is the case then they should have done it weeks ago. What would have been the point of waiting for the interim board to provide all the finacials?
seasider wrote:If that is the case then they should have done it weeks ago. What would have been the point of waiting for the interim board to provide all the finacials?

Someone on T’other side mentioned that if they don’t implement it, they’ll get sued by clubs who were deducted points. Knowing what a spineless bunch they are, holding out for a no point deduction isn’t happening. They’re taking their time, so we all think they’ve given it a long and thoughtful deliberation. 

Made their minds up before Natalie Christopher went to rub salt in the wounds. 

Well if that's what they do then I think that would be very unfair as it would prove what a waste of time getting the BFC financials together.

I do agree that the easy option for the EFL now is to deduct the points as they would only be dealing with the one club rather than risk a backlash from other clubs.
Think we might find out today 

Decide to deduct on a precedent - on what grounds?

Pretty sure VB will have CC watching this very closely.

Other clubs might not like it but its a unique case which the EFL wont want to turn into a legal clusterfuck.

Won't happen.
Tangerinenick wrote:

Decide to deduct on a precedent - on what grounds?

Pretty sure VB will have CC watching this very closely.

Other clubs might not like it but its a unique case which the EFL wont want to turn into a legal clusterfuck.

On the flip side, I've heard if we don't get the deduction, other clubs that have will sue the EFL as well.

Exactly! They’d rather have to deal with one club having points deducted than have a backlash from the dozen or so clubs who were punished. Spineless bunch . 
seasider wrote:

Well if that's what they do then I think that would be very unfair as it would prove what a waste of time getting the BFC financials together.

I do agree that the easy option for the EFL now is to deduct the points as they would only be dealing with the one club rather than risk a backlash from other clubs.
Probably deduct enough points just to give us a 1 or 2 match cushion against relegation.
Good point Eagle. Perhaps a middle ground and 6 point deduction. That would leave us 9 points above the drop so pretty safe.
Those clubs clearly broke the EFL finance rules. BFC hasnt. I cannot see how the EFL can deduct points without a precedent or clear infraction. We will see.
seasider wrote:

On the flip side, I've heard if we don't get the deduction, other clubs that have will sue the EFL as well.

They can't sue, it's done on a case by case basis.

No points deduction, good news. Makes it more attractive to potential new owners.