Poor turnout from City fans but to be expected. They will be saving themselves for the final. Hate the fact semi finals are played at Wembley. 
How many excuse can someone make for their poor support? They're just not a big club.
They are but why would you go to Wembley twice?
seasider wrote:They are but why would you go to Wembley twice?
Loyalty?
They're the  Fleetwood of the Prem. Dosent matter how much money you pump in they never get any bigger.

Come on, I don't like City but they were getting gates of 30k in League One. They are loyal fans but success is getting the better of them. Would you go to semi final when you know you could go Wembley again for a final. 

The shit turnout is a good thing. Semi finals at Wembley are up there with the ceiling latts at Blackpool.

Agree. Semi-finals at Wembley is a disgrace. Plenty of stadiums they could put into rotation if they want a neutral big game fan experience. 
seasider wrote:

Come on, I don't like City but they were getting gates of 30k in League One. They are loyal fans but success is getting the better of them. Would you go to semi final when you know you could go Wembley again for a final. 

The shit turnout is a good thing. Semi finals at Wembley are up there with the ceiling latts at Blackpool.

T77 is absolutely right. They can't even get their own to turn out for home games. The place was half empty against Cardiff mid week but still gets reported as a full house every time.

30k in League one... fair play. So they are as big as Sunderland then. Are you seriously telling me that any of the other teams in the top 6 wouldn't be selling out a Wembley semi final regardless of whatever other competitions they are in?

It's not even like they are off halfway across Europe again mid week, it's only London.

They are Sunderland with unlimited money.

Agree to a point but if the semi final was at a neutral venue, they wouldn't have a problem selling out in my opinion. The amount of times they get to Wembley, it's boring. 

My wife didn't go and had already booked train tickets for the final. I put my foot down saying she can only do the final!

seasider wrote:

Agree to a point but if the semi final was at a neutral venue, they wouldn't have a problem selling out in my opinion. The amount of times they get to Wembley, it's boring. 

My wife didn't go and had already booked train tickets for the final. I put my foot down saying she can only do the final!

Conflating two different issues there I think mate. I absolutely agree that the fa cup semis should go back to the likes of Old Trafford (probably Tottenhams new stadium would be a decent candidate too). Wembley should be special and for most teams it still is. City's case is freakish because of their strength and the Tottenham situation hasn't helped either. However, moving the semi to spurs or villa wouldn't change the fact that the size of their fan base can't match the success of their team.
The semi finals have to be played at Wembley, how else will the foot the massive cost of building the place?
Hero wrote:The semi finals have to be played at Wembley, how else will the foot the massive cost of building the place?
At current rates it is due to be paid off by 2024. Since its likely not to need a major renovation for another 20-30 years they could happily live without the revenue from 2 games a year and pay it off a bit later.
Cheesyleps wrote:Since its likely not to need a major renovation for another 20-30 years they could happily live without the revenue from 2 games a year and pay it off a bit later.

Even th FA aren’t that thick.

Hero wrote:

Even th FA aren’t that thick.

Eh?

Just seen this on Twitter. I am not a fan of City but well done this caller. Firmly put Kirsty Gallagher in her place.

Gallacher is a cunt. Slagging match going fans whilst earning a living as a TV presenter.

Glad Robbie Savage backed the caller up. Respect to him.