Apparently sacked off. New chap from Arsenal apparently - rumour. 
How weird. I thought Gary was doing a good job under the circumstances. The pitch is a disgrace but it's been worse!
Any reason why he was potted? I don’t think many would have kept that pitch in world class condition. 
We will never know due to the constraints he worked under. Feel sorry for Gary but at the same time you can't blame the board for wanting a new direction especially with the pitch.

What's your job? 

I've been responsible for the pitch for the past few years.

Fuck me..On yer bike mate.

------------------ I could imagine that scenario.

Agree GSP.

Whatever the reason, wish Gary well. He engaged well with the fans.

Next season we should be able to tell how much of the problem is inherent to the pitch itself; drainage, shade, build etc,  no backing from Oyston for tools supplies and assistance or if Gary was just out of his depth.
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:Next season we should be able to tell how much of the problem is inherent to the pitch itself; drainage, shade, build etc,  no backing from Oyston for tools supplies and assistance or if Gary was just out of his depth.
I’d be amazed if the new grounds man comes in a does any better with the current pitch.
Is there any information or announcement on the new groundsman?
Hero wrote:I’d be amazed if the new grounds man comes in a does any better with the current pitch.

They will, definitely.

BUT, it won't necessarily be because they're better at their job, some of it might be that but it'll be more to do with investment in the surface materials and equipment.

I wasn't a fan of those crazy patterns he did. Focus shouldn't be on the pitch. 

I am just surprised the new board have been so brutal unless there is more to it than meets the eye. 

I liked him, but I'm pleased the new board are putting their own plans in place. How far we've come already under their management. 
I could do a better job with  my teeth.
Qblock2O19 wrote:I could do a better job with  my teeth.
You certainly could, as eating grass is a popular sport in Yorkshire 🤣
I prefer to eat ass.
Qblock2O19 wrote:I prefer to eat an ass.
As you’re a Yorkshire donkey botherer, makes sense. 🤣
Harry Bradley is the new groundsman apparently.
Qblock2O19 wrote:I could do a better job with  my teeth.
I didn’t know you had any?
TheSteed wrote:Harry Bradley is the new groundsman apparently.
NEVER trust a man with two first names.

This is the guy with a cheesy smile like he's about to kidnap your 7 year old he's been here a few years probably a promotion from assistant

This was probably a poisoned chalice of a job under the O's, but with proper investment/equipment  - it could be a real opportunity to sort the pitch once and for all.
Good luck to him. Really hope we can sort it out once and for all. The pitch alone will put people off buying a season ticket.