I see the temperature is -49 deg.C and the wind blowing at 105 mph sounds awful but fortunately that is 30,000 feet above Blackpool right now.

If you have those puffy white Cumulus clouds (they look like cotton wool in the sky) they  will be at around 2,000 feet at their base with a temperature of approx -3 deg C.

However at ground level it is a different ball game with temperatures at approx 6 deg C, still cool for mid April but with improving temperatures for Easter.

We have had a blustery cold North East wind blowing in from the sea keeping feel more like January than Spring time but having lived down here for  twenty odd years now I have got used to the Scandinavian High pressure area at this time of the year bringing in those cold east to north east winds.

We might well complain about the weather in general but we do not suffer like other countries from disasters such as extreme flooding, hurricanes and those dreaded tornadoes, countries that suffer from draught with terrible consequences, so all in all we are rather fortunate to see disruption from flooding etc on a lot smaller scale.

Have a nice weekend and for those going enjoy the game, it should be a cracker.

I hope the weather is good next week Whits. Cricket starts for me.

Doesn't sound nice for flying. Hoping not that windy in 3 weeks when I fly. Hate it. 

Forecast is 9 degrees and fresh breeze so chilly but the sun is shining, that's the main thing. Hopefully this will attract people to the game. 

Enjoy your weekend Whits. 

It is pouring with rain at the moment but  yes Q weather will be warmer and hopefully dry over the holiday.

Going anywhere nice Seasider?

Always love it when the jet stream is overhead. Watching a jet sort of flying at a diagonal . Must be flipping strong wind for that. 
whitstabletangerine wrote:

It is pouring with rain at the moment but  yes Q weather will be warmer and hopefully dry over the holiday.

Going anywhere nice Seasider?

Usual annual holiday in Tenerife. Wife's mum has apartment out there so easy as a holiday with two kids could be. 
Very nice, make the most of the time you have with the youngsters, before you know it they are grown up, want this that and the other and take holidays with their mates.