Still not sold out for their Champions League game against Spurs. Pepe has had to go on radio pleading fans to attend. Big pockets shit support.

United and Liverpool get criticised for having glory supporters but City get criticised for not having that kind of fanbase. Football fans will find anything to mock other clubs. 

Can you imagine how much we are being mocked going from 16k to 7k in only a few games. 

seasider wrote:

United and Liverpool get criticised for having glory supporters but City get criticised for not having that kind of fanbase. Football fans will find anything to mock other clubs. 

Can you imagine how much we are being mocked going from 16k to 7k in only a few games. 

Is that seasiders missus?

😀

They've never had a huge following like United and their love/hate relationship with the competition is well known, given their antipathy to UEFA - especially FFP, but you would have thought they'd have sold this one out some time ago.

Absolutely no excuse for not selling out for tonight's game. You can't say it's because of their love/hate relationship with this competition because they don't sell out for league games either. Chelsea are another poorly supported club but have boosted their attendances with day trippers and glory hunters, City just don't have that same appeal.

I am pretty sure they will sell out. This game will attract neutrals and glory hunters.

I just see it as a combination of:

- Success is becoming boring so people choose to watch it on TV and not use their season ticket

- Fixture pile up. Fans therefore pick and choose as they have no choice due to finance reasons.

- A loyal fanbase as proven by their League One fanbase. Don't seem to have many glory hunters.

I agree though, would be very surprised if they didn't sell out tonight.

I see it as a combination of:

1. City having a shit support.

2 - 10. See point 1.