Wife said that a bird was carrying another bird and struggling to fly with it. From the guts and feathers in the garden, it looked like a pigeon was the victim. 

What sort of garden bird would attack another bird? I didn't see it but wife said the bird looked small. 

Did the bird look like this ?? 🤣

He said it looked small, so maybe this is a more realistic interpretation of the offending predator 😉

Could be a sparrow hawk. We get them occasionally. Look like a bird of prey, but only the size of a medium sized seagull. 
An Angry one?

An angry one?

Deffo a sparrowhawk, seen it happen loads of times. 
Definitely a sparrow hawk.  Not long ago, one sat right outside on our front lawn, trapping a poor starling underneath it’s talons and picking it’s feathers off one by one.  Not uncommon in the fylde area. 

A Burnley bird?

I thought Sparrowhawk but showed her some pics on Google and she said it looked smaller. I just okay, must have been a Robin. 

Ohhhhh, you mean a flying type of bird?

🤣🤣

Magpie, raven, jackdaw, crow... all quite capable of said act. I'd put my money on it being a member of the corvid family, saw a magpie killing a pigeon once. 

The Ducklings round my way are predictors. I’ve named one Gnashers because it has ginger hair!!!

Was it a Duck?

Ask them for the lottery numbers
coinslot wrote:Could be a sparrow hawk. We get them occasionally. Look like a bird of prey, but only the size of a medium sized seagull. 
They are a bird of prey
Bally wrote:Ask them for the lottery numbers
Beat me to it.

Birds don’t exist.

Google it.

I googled it and all I got was a US conspiracy theory that birds were just drones spying on us. 
seasider wrote:I googled it and all I got was a US conspiracy theory that birds were just drones spying on us. 
Exactly
Qblock2019 wrote:

A Burnley bird?

That's fucking scary how much that picture looks like you.

It fucking is you! You have photoshopped the tache off. 

Look I have found the original as your Facebook profile picture.

You sly dog, thinking you could pull the wool over our eyes and pass yourself off as a Burnley lass!