https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/statement-from-joint-receivers/

Promising news. 

Very different than what we’re used too. 

Hopefully it's a sign that they have bids and are reinforcing the deadline for any interested party. Alternatively there might only be notes of interest without any actual bids and this is an attempt to speed up the process. We will find out soon. 

Has Munkle put his annual bid in?
Bentent wrote:Has Munkle put his annual bid in?
Conflict of interests now he is on a full time playing contract.
The door shuts tomorrow. I wonder how long before we hear anything?
BFC talk about transparency but can they give the details of any bids. I don't know.
seasider wrote:BFC talk about transparency but can they give the details of any bids. I don't know.

I doubt - not until they make a final decision.

From the Knights on Facey-B.

We have just left a meeting along with representatives of BST, MSG and BSA with one of the bidders for the club.

TWG Global Limited and Global Ports Asia Ltd officials Tim Williamson and Henry Teh explained their vision for Blackpool as a whole and not just the club.

They are in the process of buying the airport and regenerating the surrounding areas. They also plan to overhaul the infrastructure to make Blackpool accessible to the Far Eastern market primarily Malaysia and Singapore.

They openly admit that the club is a tangled mess and is difficult to get an initial figure that is required after the purchase to move the club forward. In addition club assets such as Travelodge and Quernmore Hall have been sold separately so figures have to be adjusted again.

Their vision is a 10 year plan to improve Blackpool not just the club.

Once we have any more information we will obviously let you know but we are grateful that bidders are being honest and as transparent as they can be during sensitive negotiations.

Improving the club will be a challenge in itself nevermind the whole of Blackpool. 

Not sure why Malaysia and Singapore would want access to Blackpool. Funny girls?

Global Ports Asia Ltd - that's an interesting one. They'll need Dunkirk style boats to land at Blackpool sea front! 

I see they also deal with International Airports. Can't imagine Terminals 1-5 at Squires Gate.

I see TWG Global are based near Longridge. Property people.
seasider wrote:

Improving the club will be a challenge in itself nevermind the whole of Blackpool. 

Not sure why Malaysia and Singapore would want access to Blackpool. Funny girls?

A Singaporean billionaire has bough quite a few hotels along Blackpool prom, including the imperial, Lyndene and StChads. 

There must be something here that they like. 

Not sure how I feel about this?

It’s not negativity, it’s just something new & you never know do you? Like starting a new job I suppose. Your excited but cautious at the same time. 

Anyway Magic, I thought you didn’t do FB?

🤣🤣

Leesthedaddy wrote:

Not sure how I feel about this?

It’s not negativity, it’s just something new & you never know do you? Like starting a new job I suppose. Your excited but cautious at the same time. 

Anyway Magic, I thought you didn’t do FB?

🤣🤣

Just clicked through from A View From The Turnips mate.
Magic147 wrote:Just clicked through from A View From The Turnips mate.

Oh, I don’t go on there. 👍

Leesthedaddy wrote:

Oh, I don’t go on there. 👍

Very wise.
Last day for bids. We need to move quick if we want to put together a BHS consortium. We will have to have Hero as Director though as he will splash the cash to get us to the promise land.
seasider wrote:Last day for bids. We need to move quick if we want to put together a BHS consortium. We will have to have Hero as Director though as he will splash the cash to get us to the promise land.

Gets my vote.

I'll get a Gofundme page set up and start us off with a fiver.

I’d be a fucking mint director, topless birds dancing around the pitch at half time and half price beer.

Not sure what else I’d need to do?

Oh.... just thought about the women fans!!!!

I’d have a make up shop under the stand for them to go and get dolled up in.

Hero wrote:

I’d be a fucking mint director, topless birds dancing around the pitch at half time and half price beer.

Like I said, you have my vote.
Hero wrote:

Yep! That’s another vote from me 👍

I’m in, where do I stick my Fiver?

👍

Leesthedaddy wrote:

I’m in, where do I stick my Fiver?

👍

Don't ask.