https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11741/11718928/chris-hughton-sacked-by-brighton 

Poor decision. 

Brighton fans seem to support this saying he has taking the club as far as he can. Us outsiders will naturally think it's a shocking decision.

I believe he has done pretty well for them, after all are they really a Premiership club.

Championship at best and probably league one at other times, yes they have a nice stadium but really are they a Premiership club in all honesty.

I wouldn't mind him coming to Blackpool.

You could argue that they are a Premiership club these days. Have a nice stadium and I believe they average around 30k which is remarkable given the fact they used to only get 5k in Leagues One and Two.

Two seasons, 15th and 17th hanging in there on their coat tails, they had a decent manager and just like Newcastle thought they could do better, we will see, I bet we will be playing them season after next in the Championship and their attendances will be back down to 20,000 made up of mostly retired Londoners having sold   their multi million pound hovels up the road in the capital.
Well hopefully I will retire soon having sold my hovel in Wimbledon. I can assure the readership that I am only buying a Blackpool ticket regardless of  Brighton being my  local. Like Whits says they are a yo yo club - its not about crowds anymore. Crowd sizes mean nothing in real terms. All about financial power and spending and attracting top players.
Be funny if they get relegated next season.
No surprise the media are mentioning the fact Chris Hughton is black. Not sure it's really necessary to bring racism into it as plenty of white managers suffer the same fate.
seasider wrote:No surprise the media are mentioning the fact Chris Hughton is black. Not sure it's really necessary to bring racism into it as plenty of white managers suffer the same fate.
Why not? They always make a big thing of it when a black individual is a success.
Absolute madness. With that budget they will never do anything more barring miracle.
EagleDay wrote:Why not? They always make a big thing of it when a black individual is a success.
99% of news items will show his photo, the public can figure out what his flesh looks like and most won't give a toss.

Can see Hughton at West Brom. 

Where will Pulis go next?

sudds green wrote:

Can see Hughton at West Brom. 

Where will Pulis go next?

I'm going for the Cowley brothers at Lincoln for west Brom next manager surely an offer to good to refuse 

Lincolnshireseasider91 wrote:

I'm going for the Cowley brothers at Lincoln for west Brom next manager surely an offer to good to refuse 

Agree they've done well,  but hope they take stock.

Pressure on next Baggies manager will be intense.

Think Alex Neill realised that. 

EagleDay wrote:Why not? They always make a big thing of it when a black individual is a success.
I hope that really boils your piss.
Graham Potter set to be appointed. He has done wonders at Swansea finishing 8th in the Championship.