https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/former-blackpool-winger-alan-skirton-passes-away-aged-80-1-9765357

One of my all time heros. Skirton, Suddick and Tony Green - outstanding.

RIP Alan
RIP
RIP Seasider

A great winger back in the day.

Suddick Skirton, but for the grace of God go l.

RlP the pair of you.

Solid player in a good team. I thought he played for us past 1968. I remember him clearly with his stocky build and powerful legs. I must have been a regular when I was 7 and 8 years old...fucking parents obviously didn't give a shit what I was up to. Explains a lot.

RIP

Great player for Pool. RIP
RIP Alan. 

RIP Alan

Contributed to one of our best eras

sudds green wrote:

RIP Alan

Contributed to one of our best eras

Are you sure about that?

To clarify,  Whits,  it was so for me. 

Realise we were relegated, I think in Alan's first season,  then he left before we went back up,  but I had only started attending the season before he arrived and,  as an impressionable  6-year old, I was entranced by the whole experience. The players were my heroes and results were secondary.

There have been a few ups and many downs since,  but I'll never forget the innocence of childhood,  when, if you wanted to watch a game,  you went!!

I understand, for me on the other hand I had enjoyed 18 years of following the team in the old first division and although I believed we had a great  squad from 66/67 at the time he was with us  for the next few years just being in the second division was a disappointment, even though we hammered Man U in the League cup in the 67 relegation year.