Bit of a shitter if you have bad credit, got an IVA or are bankrupt! They have brought in a finance company so the club get the money upfront and the fans get stung with interest! Bad move but it seems all the club are interested in nowadays is getting as much money in as quickly as possible.

If you have bad credit just buy matchday tickets as and when.

We're becoming a right load of moaning minnies.

Magic147 wrote:

If you have bad credit just buy matchday tickets as and when.

We're becoming a right load of moaning minnies.

But what if you want a season ticket? It's bullshit.
tangerine77 wrote:But what if you want a season ticket? It's bullshit.

Credit check is normal I think, nobody will genuinely be put off by the fact they need to pass a credit check to have the payment plan.

There will be mini season ticket offers as well. 

Not sure what other clubs do but standard practice for companies to use third party finance companies. 

0% interest anyway isn't it?
Even better then. 
Is it really 0%? I read somewhere they were charging interest. How else do the finance company make money?
seasider wrote:

There will be mini season ticket offers as well. 

Not sure what other clubs do but standard practice for companies to use third party finance companies. 

Never have done at Blackpool before to my knowledge.
There’s no such thing as 0%. You’ll be paying a higher price for the ticket.

I might be mistaken cos I only looked briefly but it looked as though if I took the pp over the early bird the only downside would be an extra £25 for my ST as kids price stays the same.  The handling cost (admin shit) is being absorbed by the club and a 0% interest fee over 9 months.

I'll check again properly tomorrow but that's how I understood it.

The interest isn't really the issue for me, its the fact you have to have a credit check. It's fucking Blackpool, a deprived town where probably more than 50% of the population have bad credit.
It's still a business though mate and has to protect its finances.  I get what you're getting at but it could easily all go tits up with all the uncertainty. 
CheshireSeasider wrote:It's still a business though mate and has to protect its finances.  I get what you're getting at but it could easily all go tits up with all the uncertainty. 
It’s not as if anyone can steal the product, they’ll just block their card.

I reckon it works like this:

The finance company pay the club the ST cost for each person signing up to the payment plan, minus a fee.

They then take the monthly payment directly from the ST holder.

Therefore, they need to know how credit-worthy each of their new debtors are before agreeing to front up the ST money to give them the facility to pay monthly, or they're potentially out of pocket.

If you've failed to maintain credit arrangements in the past, why should they offer you another?

Magic, its football not a mortgage. When you get credit its to get something upfront, this won't be the case. Like Hero says, they can just block the card if payments aren't made. It's been done so the club can get money upfront.
If you can't pass a credit check to buy a season ticket, you probably shouldn't be buying season tickets.
tangerine77 wrote:Magic, its football not a mortgage. When you get credit its to get something upfront, this won't be the case. Like Hero says, they can just block the card if payments aren't made. It's been done so the club can get money upfront.
You're literally getting a season ticket before you've paid for it.
It's only a piece of plastic until it's activated or if you don't pay deactivated. You can't gain anything by not paying.
tangerine77 wrote:It's only a piece of plastic until it's activated or if you don't pay deactivated. You can't gain anything by not paying.
They've taken a good seat off the market and it sits empty between the failed payment, deactivation of card and hopeful resale on a 'random number of games remaining' ticket. It's not worth the risk and a pain in the arse for admin. 
It's hardly going to be full John. Not just me who has this opinion, the same comments are on the club's Facebook post about it.
I get it. Hard decision to make, that scheme where they hit your bank account with a monthly debit seemed more suitable for the crowd base. I can't see them getting anywhere close to 6000. Unless they spend big on a marquee player and that's not going to happen.
Apparently a load have been knocked back, so it's not even a soft credit check. Such a bad decision, the club should have provided the payment plan and just cancelled the card if payment wasn't made.

Yep, I’ve been asking around and loads of people have been knocked back.

I’m going to hold off getting my ticket as not one of my mates has been accepted.

Sack The Board.
Hero wrote:

Yep, I’ve been asking around and loads of people have been knocked back.

I’m going to hold off getting my ticket as not one of my mates has been accepted.

Tight get!  Thought you'd have bought them all 2 each, and waved to them from your box 😜
CheshireSeasider wrote:Tight get!  Thought you'd have bought them all 2 each, and waved to them from your box 😜
They should have listened at school.

Club have listened to the complaints it would appear.

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/finance-partner-agrees-to-review-applications/

Oh great, so we're going to have a load of fraudsters and conmen sat amongst us are we.
Magic147 wrote:Oh great, so we're going to have a load of fraudsters and conmen sat amongst us are we.
& Scabs. 🤣🤣