https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/the-ultimate-english-league-table-over-the-last-50-years-where-does-your-team-rank-1-9770737?page=12

Now that's why there's such rivalry.......as well as (please provide arguments below!)

a)

b)

c)

Think you'd have to include the Matthews and Finney rivalry in the list somewhere aswell.
Be interested to see last 70 years... misses our golden era. Preston could say the same but you have to go back to dinosaur times for that. 

We had in years gone by some decent pre season friendlies against PNE, and decent crowds would stimulate the start of the season and get everyone something to look forward to.

Looking back to some of the meetings we had with them and not just the Finney Matthews connection but there was always a point to prove, the 7-0 hammering we gave them just after our defeat at the hands of United in the  '48 cup final when Jimmy McIntosh scored five of the goals after having been left out of the team at Wembley for some reason.

In the Fifties at  Bloomfield Road on Christmas day when we won 4-2, Bill Perry scoring a hat-trick and not forgetting the next day (I didn't attend at Deepdale ) when on the  Boxing day we inflicted another defeat with Ray Charnley scoring a couple.

1970 and that Pickering hat-trick , so important to us at the time and one of the most memorable away matches ever.

Alan Ainscow scoring a hat-trick against them early seventies at Deepdale and not least when Brett scored a late winner at their place (a rare moment of glory under Worthington).

As a youngster i couldn't wait to see the Tangerines play the Whites pre season and the friendly fixtures with Preston as I said earlier  these matches  really got the fans excited about the coming season.

I used to like playing Preston in the Lancs Cup (as it used to be),pre-season friendly with a bit of needle and a chance to see the new kit and signings.Having members of my family who are Nobbers made it extra special.