Blackpool FC’s new owner is expected to be in control by mid-June.

It’s understood four serious bids have been submitted and it is now the receiver’s job to consider these and determine the most appropriate way to conclude the sale.

Hong Kong-based businessman Simon Sadler and Henry Teh, an investor from Singapore, are thought to be the frontrunners.

Teh, executive director of Global Ports Asia, met with Blackpool’s fan groups last week alongside Tim Williamson.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-fc-sale-latest-new-owner-within-a-month-after-four-serious-bids-1-9777057

Well  I hope the new owner doesn't change our colours, TANGERINE is a must.

Anyone know if these guys have serious money or not?

seasider wrote:

Zillionaire. 

Starting to hope Pilley doesn't get it.

He's done well with Fleetwood, but does he have the financial clout to get Blackpool into and compete consistently in the Championship?

I can only judge what he has done with Fleetwood and I would be very happy with Pilley. Whether he has serious money is one thing but at least we know he would put any revenue generated back into the football club.
seasider wrote:I can only judge what he has done with Fleetwood and I would be very happy with Pilley. Whether he has serious money is one thing but at least we know he would put any revenue generated back into the football club.

Pilley couldn’t do it on his own, he’d need someone with him. 

The Singaporean has the money, but what’s his interest in the club? 

Hong Kong consortium. I don’t know enough. And again what are they wanting with the club?  

Don’t know anything about the others. 

And we still don't know whether Belokon wants to stay involved or not. 
tangerinejezza wrote:

Pilley couldn’t do it on his own, he’d need someone with him. 

The Singaporean has the money, but what’s his interest in the club? 

Hong Kong consortium. I don’t know enough. And again what are they wanting with the club?  

Don’t know anything about the others. 

Pilley with Belokon, then I'd be all for it, but we don't know if that's the case.

No way he can afford to get Blackpool where we want it to be on his own.
seasider wrote:

Hero wrote:Zillionaire. 
Depends what you call serious money. Their money is all tied up in their companies they may have enough to get us to the championship but we would need some luck 

I would side with Pilley or Jenkins. It would be good to have people in charge who actually understand football. The other groups could be successful, but their lack of experience in the game could lead them to hiring the wrong people.

TheCanuck wrote:

I would side with Pilley or Jenkins. It would be good to have people in charge who actually understand football. The other groups could be successful, but their lack of experience in the game could lead them to hiring the wrong people.

Fair shout. Either way, they ALL have to be better than Oyston!
Completely different story taking a non league team to league one compared to what we need. 
Fleetwood are one of the biggest spenders in League One and have shit crowds. I am sure Pilley could help Blackpool get promoted on that basis.
Does anyone even know his wealth? Got to be more than Owens exaggerated wealth.
seasider wrote:Fleetwood are one of the biggest spenders in League One and have shit crowds. I am sure Pilley could help Blackpool get promoted on that basis.
How do you make that massive leap?!
Obviously with Blackpools bigger revenue then he would have to put less of his own money in to make us one of the biggest spenders.
As T77 says, Blackpool has the potential to generate more revenue on top of the chairman's own investment. Pretty sure it would be good enough to get out of League One.
I think it would be on a par, he's losing millions on Fleetwood in League 1, he would lose millions with Blackpool in the Championship.

Statement from the board

The Joint Receivers are acutely aware that the loyal fan base of Blackpool Football Club are eager to be updated with regard to the outcome of the sale process.

Supporters will also be aware of the Court Appointed Receivers need for confidentiality until the process is concluded.

The Joint Receivers continue to work daily to conclude the sale process and wish to assure the supporters that as soon as they are in a position to update them, they will do so without delay.

The Club continues to be run day-to-day by the excellent management in place, pending the outcome of the sale.

Paul Cooper and David Rubin

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/statement-from-joint-receivers2/

I honestly don’t know why people can’t understand that. I know it’s natural to want to know but as with most things like this, it has to be kept quiet until everything is signed over,
It's because a huge number of our fans are fucking idiots.
Mike will know, Bob will have told him

One reply on Twitter to the statement: 🙄

I’m sorry but I still think it’s harsh not knowing what is happening. The fans are the heartbeat of the club and they deserve to know what is happening and who is in the running.

Some people are idiots. 

Just a comment regarding the title of this thread. 

I spoke to a guy last weekend who for whatever reason seemed very confident of his bit of knowledge. It seemed his connection to information was more FTFC & not BFC. 

He said Pilley is absolutely not interested in buying BFC & there is actually only 1 serious bidder but it’s not up to the value they were looking for. 

We all know how rumours work but I just wondered if anyone has heard anything similar?

It wouldn't surprise me that the Pilley rumours were made up. I haven't heard anything and deliberately trying to avoid all the bullshit.
Leesthedaddy wrote:

Some people are idiots. 

Just a comment regarding the title of this thread. 

I spoke to a guy last weekend who for whatever reason seemed very confident of his bit of knowledge. It seemed his connection to information was more FTFC & not BFC. 

He said Pilley is absolutely not interested in buying BFC & there is actually only 1 serious bidder but it’s not up to the value they were looking for. 

We all know how rumours work but I just wondered if anyone has heard anything similar?

I'd heard similar in that there was only one bid they were willing to entertain, but they were using it to try and get other bidders to up their offer.
Whether it's Teh, Pilley, Jenkins, Sadler, Santa, Jesus or Michael Jackson I'm looking forward to seeing how the next few weeks pan out.
seasider wrote:It wouldn't surprise me that the Pilley rumours were made up. I haven't heard anything and deliberately trying to avoid all the bullshit.

As far as I am aware these rumours are pure speculation from the media. 

FTFC would first have to be sold.

Whether Pilley bid or not, the same rumours are going to be heard around FTFC. If he did put in a bid, the only way he will want to deal with backlash from the fans is if he has the winning bid.  Until then, the rumours spread among the ITK people are going  to be that Pilley most definitely did not place a bid for Blackpool.