497cb7de2a4dc100728aa45d9451e4d0.jpeg

And will they dig up the asbestos and concrete buried at the south end? 

I just hope someone tells Harry Bradley about the supposed slab of concrete in the corner where it never drains.

and those pesky nematodes 😊

What about the Summer Bash or has that already been played?
seasider wrote:What about the Summer Bash or has that already been played?
Last weekend. 
Shows how much I know!

From the official site

The first stage of the club's off-season pitch renovations began today, with the top level being shaved off.

The process, known as Koroing, is a regular process used on football and rugby pitches to remove the surface of vegetation and organic matter.

It will be followed by a period of cultivation and levelling, prior to fibre sand, seed and fertiliser being added.

The new pitch will be ready in time for the club's pre-season friendly against Blackburn Rovers on Saturday 27 July, kick-off 3pm.

So not digging out the concrete then.

Same shit, different season one would assume. Would happily be proved wrong though!

Seaside Lee has done a video on the pitch

It'll never be right till they get the drainage sorted and that includes the infamous concrete. Can no-one tell them !!!!????
Lee Charles TV? Fuck me its gone to his head.
Good though!

People are saying the concrete in the corner is a myth. Funny thing to make up....

Additional work is being done though on the South West corner. 

It probably doesn't help that this process in the past seems to have only taken place every 2 years instead of every year. Realistically it does need to be dug down to the drainage, but that is ridiculously expensive something like £500,000. Not the sort of money that the receivers are going to have to spend on the pitch.

In terms of the condition of the south west corner, it probably doesn't help that it gets no natural light at all and we don't have any grow lamps.

True, it's all about maintenance really rather than digging up the grass. 

I thought they'd managed to get hold of a heat lamp rig.  Obviously not a huge set up most clubs have. 

Drainage is definitely a problem,  but the lack of sun on an area must be the same for a lot of clubs, and they seem to cope without it looking like a potato field. 

I am still of the opinion that a previous long time ground keeper was incompetent,  which I think caused many of the problems. 

Equipment is the issue for us, we don't have any because Oyston probably sold anything of value. So the other clubs where a lack of sun light is an issue, they will have heat lamps on those areas and other problem areas full time. Since we don't have any, we just end up with dirt.

The main reason why we have always ended up with a potato field is because in the past money simply hasn't been spent on it groundworks, equipment and staff. The clubs with the good pitches have somebody doing work on it near enough every day.

Wraith of Vern wrote:

Equipment is the issue for us, we don't have any because Oyston probably sold anything of value. So the other clubs where a lack of sun light is an issue, they will have heat lamps on those areas and other problem areas full time. Since we don't have any, we just end up with dirt.

The main reason why we have always ended up with a potato field is because in the past money simply hasn't been spent on it groundworks, equipment and staff. The clubs with the good pitches have somebody doing work on it near enough every day.

Everyone will agree that lack of budget and personnel under the stains has caused damage from pitch to stands. 

All the right noises coming from the club

“It’s really good to see work is now under way,” McPhillips said.

“I had seen some photos of what is being done, but coming into work to see it for myself was good.

“This is progress because this hasn’t happened for a number of years here.

“We’ve normally had to wait for the summer concert to get work done on the pitch and then you can’t take the top off.

“So this is good progress being made here, which is exciting.

“We’re going to have a nice pitch to start with, which hopefully will last a lot longer than it normally does – this season it was around November time when it began to turn.

“I think that with the team we have it helps having a nice pitch.

“The stats for the last two years say we haven’t done as well at home as we have done at the start of the season, so that’s a fact.

“We think there’s a good reason for that – it’s the pitch being in a terrible state.

“It’s really pleasing that we’ll have a good pitch to start with, and hopefully it will last long into the season – February or Mrch time at least but hopefully April and May.”

The problematic south-west corner of the pitch also had additional work done to it last week.

A club statement read: “Extra depth has been removed after continual issues throughout the campaign.

“The area was completely saturated and holding too much water due to some previous returfing that had been done.

“However, all the organic matter and slushy soil that was present has now been stripped and dug out to allow for the problem to be rectified moving forward.”

The new pitch will be ready for Blackpool’s only home pre-season friendly against Championship side Blackburn Rovers on Saturday, July 27.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-boss-terry-mcphillips-believes-better-pitch-will-bring-better-results-at-bloomfield-road-1-9790904

Feels like these guys know what they're doing and have all the necessary equipment and materials.

A combination we haven't had before, so I'd expect the pitch to be much better next season.

Edit: ... until the Mukkerz stage another pitch invasion and let fireworks off towards the away fans.. ;-)