Club in turmoil despite promotion.

Ha ha, karma is a bitch.
Whoever their chairman is, we should have a banner next season similar to their Oyston in one. 
seasider wrote:Whoever their chairman is, we should have a banner next season similar to their Oyston in one. 
Only bigger.

Sorry fucking state. I thought that was heartfelt from the players. The majority of fans are probably decent.  Greedy and shit at their jobs. Not quite the pantomime evil of The Oyston family is it?

Blackpool fans were immense in their protest. Determined, pissed off. I'm proud of the defense mounted by Steed and this message board. He won, hobbled the cunts for a minute. They thought is was easy street after that cheap win against TAM, who, because it's better than other stories, is now the fan's board rep. I hope that needles Karl on some level.

Foggy, anyone..please be writing the book. It's such a rich tale. The buffoon in the Corsica,  Raggy, the sound system in the parking lot, Oyston-Out wear, stopping a match!  Karl armed, in a balaclava as fans laid siege to his village, that iconic photo of the march with the smoke and colours.  The dodgy as fuck Belekon using British justice and world class lawyers to stick the sword in. The trials alone would make great comedy. 

It's not something that happens in Bury. 

To be fair, I was living in Bury when I won the court case 😉

Oh well...

No sympathy from me. They laughed at our plight. Life’s a bitch when it bites your arse!
Didn't we once set fire and cause damage to one of Bury's stand in the 80's? Just to play devils advocate..... there are probably a few Bury fans who hold a grudge just like we do with Bolton.

From the Bury forum:

Blackpool fans set fire to the Manny Road End in 1978 . Again, not sure if that also happened at the 85 game. Lots of vandalism though.

A lot of stay away Bury fans went to that game, and decided to stay away for a long time afterwards.

seasider wrote:Didn't we once set fire and cause damage to one of Bury's stand in the 80's? Just to play devils advocate..... there are probably a few Bury fans who hold a grudge just like we do with Bolton.
Blackpool fans smashed everywhere up in the 80’s, Burnley, Rochdale, Brighton, Torquay... Bury wasn’t anything special.
That 85 season, the back of the stand and a wall went over. The wall was plods fault. They wouldn’t open the gate and wouldn’t tell anyone so those at the back kept pushing. Made a right mess of someone’s car. 
Also, many of those arrested at that bury game weren’t from Blackpool. Because we had a reputation some looking for a scrap turned up at away games looking for it.
GynnSquarePhoenix wrote:

The majority of fans are probably decent. 

Yep; I saw that a group of their fans had raised nearly a grand and supplied a further £900 in food vouchers so far for the non-footballing staff who are probably on minimum wage / zero-hour contracts and aren't getting paid. 

Of course there was a group of idiots (every fan base has them) laughing at our plight, and it's lesson hard-learned for them, but there's something endemically wrong in the business of football and Bury are yet another example of it. This transcends a small group of them slagging us off, I feel for the fans...

Statement from the Bury chairman 

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/a-statement-from-the-chairman/

He's having a mental breakdown
He has a serious illness, didn't realise that. Felt a bit sorry for him although doesn't excuse the Owen Oyston type response.

Completely unprofessional.

These are the characters that the EFL have allowed to take control of our football clubs.

Not looking good for Bury!

One less relegation spot for us to worry about ;)

Bury deducted 12 points

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49034775

Good, hope they drop out the league altogether.

I’m going to enjoy watching their miserable season.

They're going to be luck if they finish above 0 points. Losing players and no one coming in. Hated them since the 80’s. 

I don’t like to see anyone fail. 

But?

If no fucker failed no one would win.

not the fault of the true fans.....
Yes I don't mind Bury fans having some misery but wouldn't want them to go bust. It was only a group of young kids who held the Oyston in banner and I am sure not a representation of the Bury fans on the whole.
seasider wrote:Yes I don't mind Bury fans having some misery but wouldn't want them to go bust. It was only a group of young kids who held the Oyston in banner and I am sure not a representation of the Bury fans on the whole.
You think too logically for a football fan.
Nah, if it was Preston, wouldn't care but Bury are just a tiny club who will never do us any harm. Looking forward to going there this season - hope we can take two stands this season and not just one.
seasider wrote:Yes I don't mind Bury fans having some misery but wouldn't want them to go bust. It was only a group of young kids who held the Oyston in banner and I am sure not a representation of the Bury fans on the whole.

Living round here I can say with confidence that the kids that held up that banner don’t give a shit about Bury FC.

It’s just their excuse to act hard.

Bury could potentially be kicked out of the English Football League in two weeks' time if they do not provide proof they can meet the terms of a Company Voluntary Arrangement.

The League One club has been given until close of business on Thursday to give details of "means of payment of outstanding football creditors".

If that is not provided, the EFL board will meet to decide the next step and could give Bury 14 days' notice to provide the required assurances or have their membership terminated.

The board could also decide to extend the deadline and give Bury more time before implementing the notice.

If the Shakers do provide the relevant details on Thursday, including "source and sufficiency of funding", an EFL statement said it will "commence negotiations with the club to enter into a membership agreement, which will incorporate the ongoing conditions for continued membership in the league and ensure the terms of the CVA are met".

I’ll laugh my tits off if they go out the league. Fingers crossed.