Hero wrote:

To be fair, it is the English way... I just typed without thinking.

66- Extra time/ ball over the line?

02- Wilkinson last minuet drop goal?

06- bowling the Aussies out with one run remaining?

19- stokes innings and then a super over?

What we don’t do is win things in a boring mundane way.

👍👍

I can’t belive how gripped I was to that. I don’t follow cricket in the slightest but that was awesome. 

Reminds me of the J Wilkinson drop kick. I don’t follow Rugby either but I’ll always remember that game. 

That was one of the most intense sporting days ever!
I still can’t believe what I watched yesterday. Shane Warne pissed me off last night in the post match interview, he said England didn’t win the World Cup as they didn’t beat New Zealan.

Rugby was 2003, ashes was 2005 but yeah it’s never straightforward.

I’m always happier when we win the ashes over there as well. On their turf.

TheSteed wrote:

Rugby was 2003, ashes was 2005 but yeah it’s never straightforward.

I’m always happier when we win the ashes over there as well. On their turf.

Very rare though mate, bone dry wickets with little movement in the air, a shit ball that favours electric speed which we don’t really have compared to the Aussie.

I’m always surprised how well they do when that tour over here in our conditions.

One thing I don't understand is that the opponents seemed to be complaining about the pitches. Is that because it's just different to what other countries play on or just shit?
seasider wrote:One thing I don't understand is that the opponents seemed to be complaining about the pitches. Is that because it's just different to what other countries play on or just shit?
The pitches are very unusual for a English wickets. They’ve dried out during the games leaving the last 10/15 overs unbatable.
seasider wrote:One thing I don't understand is that the opponents seemed to be complaining about the pitches. Is that because it's just different to what other countries play on or just shit?

You mean , because they didn’t win! 

They trying to make out wickets are better prepared in their own countries. 

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/11763533/should-englands-ben-stokes-six-have-been-a-five-in-cricket-world-cup-final

One sad and upset Aussie 

Just watched a highlight vid of the final. 

Fuck me..now I understand all the superlatives I've been reading. I knew the result but didn't know exactly how and when it would end. Thrilling. I can't imagine watching that live.

bpoolkev1966 wrote:

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/11763533/should-englands-ben-stokes-six-have-been-a-five-in-cricket-world-cup-final

One sad and upset Aussie 

Isn't there an argument to say Archer's first bowl wasn't a wide?
seasider wrote:Isn't there an argument to say Archer's first bowl wasn't a wide?
It wasn't
Cricket will be back to being boring for most by the end of next week..
TheSteed wrote:It wasn't
The commentators disagreed at the time. Depends what the rule says. If it's the same as football and on the line is good then it wasn't a wide.
seasider wrote:The commentators disagreed at the time. Depends what the rule says. If it's the same as football and on the line is good then it wasn't a wide.
It's not about the line, it's whether the batsman is able to play the ball. The lines are a visual aid used to mark the area where that's considered to be true.

Shows my cricket knowledge 😀