Currently sat at Alicante airport waiting for our flight home currently 2 hours 40 delayed - what's the scooby with delays and claims etc?? Someone said it has to  be over 3 hours just my fucking luck 

Over 3hrs and you get about £500 per person back.

It happened to us once and we were compensated £1500 for flights that cost us £250.

Bentent wrote:Currently sat at Alicante airport waiting for our flight home currently 2 hours 40 delayed - what's the scooby with delays and claims etc?? Someone said it has to  be over 3 hours just my fucking luck 

Didn’t think it was over £500, more about £300 but the 3 year thing is accurate. 

I think it’s standard for many claims process. 

That's one of the reasons they will pull away from the gate and wait for a runaway. The flight take off time starts when they close the door, not when they actually take off.

It was £1500 we received for three of us, not each. I’m sure it was that much but double check with the missus when she wakes up!

There is a generic form you can copy and paste online, just sign and send it off.

Also depends on the reason for delay and distance from home plays a part.
Leesthedaddy wrote:

Didn’t think it was over £500, more about £300 but the 3 year thing is accurate. 

I think it’s standard for many claims process. 

If my flight was delayed for 3 years, I'd want more than a few hundred quid.
🤣🤣
We were 3 hrs 41 late taking off but got back 2 hrs 51 after  original arrival time and it's the arrival time that matters apparently so we landed nine minutes too early to claim - fuckers